Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My silver Exec

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
Well havnt got photos of the seats etc, been lazy and car is always filthy. When I wash it next.

I did also get the statesmen indicators, they look mint!

Next thing on my list, is to get my trolley strips painted. Im going to get quotes soon...hopefully not to expensive, guessing around $400.

Also not 100% sure just yet, but Ive been contemplating getting my car bagged, No time soon though as ill try and save up. If Im getting air suspension I want a good setup, all engineered/self leveller etc so it will probably be expensive :(

I have actually been In the market for wheels lately. I know I want 20s, I know I want something different. Its just so hard to choose the right wheel, theirs such a big market for wheels its crazy!

But I have had my eyes set on a Konig wheel design, which I havnt seen on a commodore yet, link below:

http://www.japanesesportcars.com/galleries/img3702.htm

AFTER_BURNER BLACK

The only factor I need help with is whether to go chrome or black. Really not sure what would suit my car best, with it being silver and all.
Give me your opinions guys!

Last edited:

Timmos

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
10' VE SSV
wow $400 to paint the trolley strips is alot.. have you thought about doing it yourself? i did mine and never looked back and only cost me $40 or so.

not too keen on the chameleon lip on those rims.. i've always thought shadow chrome suits silver cars - but that's just my opinion

just a suggestion something like this:
bg_warwicpremiummesh.jpg

Last edited:

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
Yeh their nice rims, definitely something to consider. Im really looking for something different though. What brand are they?

also how long did it take you to paint the strips? any real problems like flaking etc?

have you sold your car yet? I remember seeing photos of it returned to stock.

Timmos

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
10' VE SSV
yeah cars long gone :p

i'm not 100% sure but they look like advanti's - totally get where your coming with the the "different look" too many commys look identical.

i had no issues with my door moulds flaking, just didn't look as good as a professional paint job. though obviously home jobs will never have the same quality as a pro job - but for 1/4 of the price.. i lived with it. just be sure you mask everything up 100% - prime, paint and clear.

Essassin

Bends spacetime
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Wagon, E36 318is Coupe
Hey mate, did you have any part in changing the console/instrument cluster lights? Was it hard to do? Or if not was it expensive to get it done? Yours looks awesome and it's pretty much exactly how I want mine to look

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
Thanks mate!

ASR Audio & Electronics All the cluster work was done by Phreddy from ASR.

His great work is very under priced imo, very cheap. He is based in Sydney but goes on road trips to other states. IT would be best to call him.

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
Thanks mate, The lights are a huge improvement from the original mud green! Haha dont bag the neon, I thought that was so cool last year (how embarrassing)

Oh this arvo I picked up a Calais black roof lining and chrome window surrounds! So now I can pritty much complete my interior.

Tomorrow ill wash my car and get some pics, Scored the day off so ill be spending it mostly on my car YAY.

2004_VZ_Acclaim

Bonkers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
Thanks mate, The lights are a huge improvement from the original mud green! Haha dont bag the neon, I thought that was so cool last year (how embarrassing)

Oh this arvo I picked up a Calais black roof lining and chrome window surrounds! So now I can pritty much complete my interior.

Tomorrow ill wash my car and get some pics, Scored the day off so ill be spending it mostly on my car YAY.

I wasn't the bagging the neon :p i've got one lying around as well.was saying it's better than the neon haha

Looking forward to seeing the new interior shots