Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My SSV Sportwagon

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
Nice wagon. And those wheels suit it WAY more than the American crap they're putting on the Redline series. A shame you can't just tick the box to upgrade to the Redline brakes.

Gravity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY11 SSV Wagon
I'd have liked the Brembo brakes too, Rufys, and agree it's the stupid chrome alloys that stopped me buying Redline edition.

As to 3", it's just I'm not convinced the volume is low enough. I don't want any more cabin noise than stock.
Nothing wrong with them, just not sure if they suit me.

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
If stock works for you, then leave it stock... They're a great package from the get go if you ask me!

loku16

Reaction score
Website
www.addicted2fish.com.au
Members Ride
2010 VE SS-V Wagon
The Series II exhaust sound a lot tougher from factory than the Series I in my opinion. I have a very good friend working at Holden and he gets a different car every 10K, and the redline that he had, the exhaust note was remarkably louder and nicer than the Series I.

There is increased cabin noise with a 3" system. I have a VCM system and it does drone from about 1900-2100 rpm. No doubt about it. After many attempts to fix it, they said they can't get rid of it though it was sold to me with a guarantee that it would not drone. Anyway, I love my whole setup and the car performs really well. If you are not interested in modifying the car then don't :) After all you have to be happy driving that car!

Cheers

loku16

Reaction score
Website
www.addicted2fish.com.au
Members Ride
2010 VE SS-V Wagon
YEP :( they tried all sort of things, put a 2.5" muffler, put some inserts in the 3" mufflers and we even went back to the stock mufflers, which fixed the problem but then defeated the purpose! :) I don't think they are going to be guaranteeing no drone for wagons anymore! Even walkinshaw say no drone but there are plenty of people on here with 2.5" systems and say they have drone!

Gravity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY11 SSV Wagon
I really like the profile of the wagon. Looks quite tough, really.
Shows the lowering too.

e5WGFl.jpg

Gravity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY11 SSV Wagon
Monday I'm having the speakers upgraded by Druery in Dee Why, Sydney. They were recommended on the forums here.

Going for low-end, since anything would be an improvement on the muddy dead stock speakers.

Having Focal PS165 (splits) installed in the front and P465 in the rear (2-way). Not very expensive, but they sounded really good to me.