Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My SSV Sportwagon

Ausv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
lowering

I picked up my 2011 SSV today, and am sooo happy with it.
Thanks to those who helped me with the decision in this thread, and steered me towards the wagon instead of sedan. I think it looks particularly good in alto grey, actually.

I've had it lowered (super low, Kings) by about 1 3/4" and tinted, so it looks pretty solid and mean already. Bee-sting aerial put in later today.

Plans
Plan to get Oztrack tune and OTR CAI.
I then maybe will get an exhaust extractor with high-flo cats too, whilst leaving mufflers so it's super-quiet. This is my family car, so I don't want much sound, just more power. Plus, not sure it's worth the expense since I've no idea how long I'll keep this car for, might only be 2.5 years then upgrade to a VF SSV when it's released.
Maybe new speakers on the inside, they're really quite ordinary when stock.
I don't think I will do much more than that.

MbEcrl.jpg
hey mate
not sure if doing this wright
i have just ordered a ve sports wagon im getting lowered they have sugested lowering the back more than the front how much did u go
ausv8

Ausv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
hey mate i have readin your posts lov the car i should get a sports wagon next week just wondering how much u lowered yours ( i am get mine lowered ) they have sugested
to lower the rear more than front and where did u get the bee sting ariel from
chat soon ausv8

Gravity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY11 SSV Wagon
Here's a few recent photos.

The ride height is 360 front, and 350 rear. I'm not exactly sure which size springs were installed, but am going to find out on Monday. I think they're SSL, I know they're Kings. I'm not sure if different sizes are in front and rear (yet). My dealer isn't the best communicator.

Plus images of the Duspeed OTR CAI I had installed (MAFless). Dus suggested satin black, which isn't commonly requested but for a stock stealthy car, it's ideal. It's a matt black just like the stock engine cover, which means the CAI looks like it is OEM. I'm glad for it, since the gloss black looks good, easier to clean but stands out.

I drove to his place in Prestons, NSW to have it installed and it took him about 30 minutes.

Note he installs a plate which covers the gap in the right-hand side of the bay where the stock intake used to be.

Lastly, I had my tune by Steve at Oztrack, at his place near Blaxland NSW. This took a few hours, and I sat in the car and chatted with him whilst being done. We did a few drives on the nearby highway for him to tweak the settings.

We tested highway fuel economy with and without AFM. On a flat stretch we got 7.2 with it on, 8.2 with it off, and so left AFM enabled. With stock exhausts I don't have the drone problem others have reported with custom catbacks. Also, Steve thinks the Series 2 engine has more power than the Series 1, perhaps a cam tweak.

We didn't dyno but his experience is I'd have 250 rwkw now, up from about 220 stock.

What I didn't expect was the awesome new sound, in the cabin, under acceleration. It's fantastic! Sounds much more muscular and powerful. Really great.

I can definitely recommend the combination of the Duspeed CAI and Oztrack tuning.

Last edited:

dmacey

Somebody, make me upset
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Series II Sedan Manual & a VK in the build
What's next on the list of mods?

Gravity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY11 SSV Wagon
I'm going to try resisting further mods. The most likely in the future would be extractors, though. Oh...replacing the void bushes and new short shocks too, that's a higher priority.

Next job though - have to clean the leather. It has sunblock hazed on the seats from my daughter.