Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VS 2 Senator # 921

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Mine is standard rad and clutch fan too.

Scruba

Wanderer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Rightio. I know that no 2 cars of age will be the same so will keep an eye on it.

Scruba

Wanderer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Another question. Trans oil coolers. Which is best and why? Plate and fin or stacked plate?

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Wouldn't the standard fin be best?
If you want, I have one that came off my Wagon. Took it off as I've gone manual. Still has lines attached.

VRSenator065

Now in stealth mode
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Senator LSx454
Very nice car mate, my experience with the temp gauge (at least on VR/VS) is they all vary a lot on where they sit as "normal". That's why Holden didn't mark them in degrees. Its more important whether it fluctuates, or rises, if it doesn't other than normal you're all good. If your concerned chuck another gauge on it temporarily and compare. Re the trans cooler biggest you can fit :)

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
Hey Scruba, I was actually asking about the 10 bolt rear brakes as i saw them on DBA, would you be able to take a few pics ? curious as to what they actually look like haha. also Great car mate looks real nice! love the cherry black!

Scruba

Wanderer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Wouldn't the standard fin be best?
If you want, I have one that came off my Wagon. Took it off as I've gone manual. Still has lines attached.

Thanks Wombles. I'll get a new one with the rad so if anything stuffs up I can go back to the shop to repair it ;).

Very nice car mate, my experience with the temp gauge (at least on VR/VS) is they all vary a lot on where they sit as "normal". That's why Holden didn't mark them in degrees. Its more important whether it fluctuates, or rises, if it doesn't other than normal you're all good. If your concerned chuck another gauge on it temporarily and compare. Re the trans cooler biggest you can fit :)

Thanks for that. Mines definitely moving around so I guess it's working.

Hey Scruba, I was actually asking about the 10 bolt rear brakes as i saw them on DBA, would you be able to take a few pics ? curious as to what they actually look like haha. also Great car mate looks real nice! love the cherry black!

G'day Hoska. I'm away for the next 10 days but will get a pic when I get home. I was told that the 10 bolt's aren't made any longer by DBA in the slotted series so you may have trouble finding them. I didn't check the standard rotors though.

Senator829

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 HSV Senator & 2012 RG Colorado LTZ
Last edited:

Senator829

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 HSV Senator & 2012 RG Colorado LTZ
As Promised,

My Radiator and temp sensor for twin elec thermo fans. Only issue I have as the Fan shroud is missing, nothing is sealing the bottom of the air intake off.

Scruba

Wanderer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Decent size unit that one. Is yours running a pwr steering cooler?