Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VS Acclaim (Series II)

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Cheers 5.0 no idea where the clips are might be on top somewhere. Got a quote of 240 to provide and replace windscreen. Two places went from 285 and slowly lower so not bad price includes seal if need be.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
why is your stereo hanging out of the dash?

it pains me to see your car un-used.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Because I'm lazily getting around to wrapping the dash in carbon fibre. I also need to bolt it in but still having a little trouble and the subwoofer wires are stuffed it seems anyway, a little vibration and they stop. Got the roof out today anyway, starting to scrape all the foam off and such, already had some black material I bought ages ago. I took a few pics which I shall upload later, might as well paint the handles and sun visors black as well I thought.

It pains me also, having to drive a riced up Hyundai Sonata (Manual, not complaining but when it comes to peak hour..)

IMAG0375.jpg

IMAG0374.jpg

Does anybody know if I need to keep those white pieces of foam?

IMAG0372.jpg

Last edited:

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
fair enough. behind my deck is a big tangle of RCA's and there isn't much room for them either when the deck is put back in. a carbon fibre wrapped dash is going to look well tough with a black roof liner. are you going to wrap/paint the plastics on the b and c pillars too seeing as you're painting the handles?

I couldn't imagine driving a ricer myself, I need a big car. I'm a big guy (tall and solid) and I would need a can opener to get out of some of them.

I luckily miss peak traffic, I only work 10 minutes down the tonkin and I start early most days. I've got a 5.30 am start tomorrow so no morning traffic for me, just a nice cruse down the road haha.

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
They shouldnt be white foam but yes. Keep them they are to sound deaden the cab a bit.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
are you going to wrap/paint the plastics on the b and c pillars too seeing as you're painting the handles?

The pillars are done already but I might give them all a touch up with black vinyl dye. The dash I was thinking about how to go about it, and I thought about an easier and perhaps better looking way (not doing the entire dash) so we shall see soon. I noticed you in the Stato, yeah no way in the Sonata haha
Cheers Wombles
I'm trying to figure out how the headliner stays in once I get it up there, do all the pillars hold it up or do I need more glue or something? Actually there's some velcro up the top I think

Edit; Oh and the back part which holds it up is stuffed, there's only the 2 or 3 clips on the passenger side which are about to fall off. I can fix them with glue which 5.0 recommended but no idea how to keep the other side up, no other clips to be found

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Its held in by quarter window trims.
Its rare to find one that has all the clips.

Commolover 69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Acclaim
kw

after u get it dynod can u tell me how much kw or bhp its running at ? coz i got a series 1 vs acclaim and got k&n pod and hsv custon memcal and some other mods and curious, and can do a quarter mile in 15.9 seconds :)
cheers

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
No problems probably won't be until a dyno day or something
Wombles I could grab one from a wreckers and get the clips off and glue them to whichever is in better condition I guess would be my best bet
Also I remembered that I also need my cigarette lighter thingo souldered (right word?) back on another reason for the dash being apart