Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VS Acclaim (Series II)

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I was thinking may as well get Altezza Headlights too. Dakster I heard you need to take off the bumper to swap headlights anyway? Or the other way around something like that

Yeah take the front bar off first mate its the only way. Easy job once you get stuck into it, you should have it all stripped and reassembled with the new lights in an hour or less. Nothing to mess up. Don't forget to realign the new lights once you have everything back together. Make sure you don't touch the glass surface of the globes as you change them over too of course, tiniest bit of contamination creates a hot spot that will send the globe to an early death.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
I hope I didn't when I first installed them D:
A panel beater will be spraying and installing a new bumper, they may as well do it I hated trying to get them to align properly

Edit; Also a question - with my car originally being on LPG would the memcal or ECU be tuned for it? And should I bother getting an original ECU? (Have MACE memcal just suiting high octane unleaded)

Last edited:

crazywog

XR6 TURBO KING
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 TURBO she needs a tissue achoo
nice car mate but ive sold mine im over them already ive moved on bigger and better im sprewing i didnt have access to the net till today i would of given u pieces if u wanted free of charge sold it to the wreckers for 500 bux mine was stolen and recovered

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Ahh damn thanks anyway, and yeah the cars getting there wouldn't mind an xr6t though haha

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Just did a little more painting today
IMAG0391.jpg

Noticed the patchy bit with the flash so fixed that up, now to get ready for some vinyl wrapping, deciding where to go but have a fair idea atm, should come out nice :D

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
looks good. I only just realised that your sun visors are vinyl. did you paint/touch up the handbrake boot to match the black? mine is kinda worn, I'm trying to decide if I should attempt to touch it up myself or get a new one.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
I think I did, if not I'm gonna do it soon haha. I know I did the leather surround and that turned out nice

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
For iChris, yeah I did do the handbrake -
IMAG0396.jpg

Also next up is LSD diff. I have heard the BW78 is easy bolt on between open centre and LSD (my car is both IRS/abs), can somebody confirm? I will post a link of the eBay one I am looking at

tanner892

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SSV M6
Hey champ i read the first few pages and got to the end and basically all the greens gone ! the only problem i saw is that you werent keeping the colours consistent i.e. light and dark greens but otherwise it was fine, where are the 18s ?! get a move on

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Only green is on the main dash and highlighted door inserts and ashtrays in the back, other than the front grille all of the green I have used is exactly the same. If you saw the last few pages I've had transmission and intake problems as well as a smashed windscreen, most of the mods so far have all been performance wise as opposed to making her pretty. Once I have the diff and front bumper + headlights sorted, I'm looking at some 17"s for now from iChris and then probably tint or spacers+rockers
I don't work in the mines or anything like that, not the best of pay and I'm only 19 so can really only afford one expensive thing a month (monthly pay doesn't exactly help)