Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VS Acclaim

Linzi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Thanks guys :)

Oh yeah, that would make sense.. Yeah that was the reason for the whole thing pretty much, to get the statesman BCM with all of its features, and yeah, the BCM and key head are the matching ones. Are the batteries replaceable? I've heard some people say that if you pry it open you can resolder a new one in, and then ive heard others say you cant do that. Would it need to be reprogrammed because it has gone flat?

Edit:
Just went and tried again, am going to need to wait another 2 hours again because its not turning over again. Also plugged in a security light, and it is flashing, even with the ignition on.

Linzi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Soo, its got spark, checked the injectors with an oscilloscope and they are pulsing, so the only other thing I could think of is fuel isn't getting to the injectors, does anyone know the easiest way to check this? or any other ideas?

Cheers

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Can you here the fuel pump priming ?

Linzi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
So, I swapped fuel tank out for the 80L one with a new (old) pump, thinking the old one might have been dodgy, still no good. But I did find the hose that goes to the swirl pot was broken so thats another job done. Anyway, its still not starting, can hear the fuel pump priming, security light isn't flashing (after the 2h timed override), got spark, and hooked the oscilloscope back up and I don't think the injectors are firing actually.. I pulled a plug and its not wet either. Another thing is after I crank it over it makes a funny hissing/ticking noise up near the fuel rails for some reason, I spose its just due to built up pressure because the injectors weren't firing..?

So if no one on here has any idea I'm thinking I'm going to need to get a mechanic in and get a new key head programmed or something, because even though I have one that matches the BCM, it doesn't work (doesn't unlock doors or disable the immobiliser). Thats where I'm thinking the problem is at the moment..

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
I think your best of getting the key programmed, like you said its not unlocking the doors or nothing.
it's either a dead key or the wrong key for the BCM..

Linzi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Well finally got it going, it was the stupidest thing ever that was stopping it from starting haha. It was the ground for the the EFI relay that is behind the drivers kick panel just near the ABS module, the bit of metal that I had it screwed to (the rail that supports the fuse panel underneath the steering wheel) was actually only held on to the car body by a bit of plastic at the time, so it wasn't actually earthed. I moved the screw to the body and it started straight up :/ Feels good to have it running again, all the climate control gear works and the auto windows, all of the Statesman features :) Looking forward to getting stuck into it again and hopefully back on the road in the next few weeks.

Linzi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Good and bad news. Car is almost all back together, repainting dash and a few other parts tomorrow, then its just a matter of giving the seats a good clean and putting them and the dash back in and its all go. Bad news is I really needed another car, and I thought since I now have my full license I'll get something a bit quicker, so I bought an R33 and this will be up for sale soon :( When its all back together I'll be driving it around until it sells which I'm happy about, but I'm really going to miss it as I've put SO much time and money into it and learnt a lo from it, but its time to move on :( lol