Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Vs SS Commodore 95 build

Jarrid

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs SS Commodore 95
long time but having a bit of obsession with buying and wrecking vs vr's haha have a vr acclaim s pac kit -front bar irs lowered exhaust few other bits so should get a little bit of cash off it and might pull the k frame and keep it as spare but in news on the ss exhaust arrived :) only need to order a rack which i might pull from the vr if its not F'd also need to order shocks and struts GT monroe lowered ones and front drilled and slotted rotors then lift her up and put it all in :)

Jarrid

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs SS Commodore 95
ps have a ( maybe 2) boot lids with lip spoilers will post for you guys on here prefer pick up as it may be damaged on the way both white both would need resprays will do good price for you blokes

Jarrid

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs SS Commodore 95
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
finally got around to installing the soundstream splits in the rear and a nice factory parcel shelf looks clean now happy with it just waiting on tax to finish off the last of the roady stuff

Jarrid

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs SS Commodore 95
Just ordered some new parts coming from Melbourne hopefully won't take to long cheers taxman :) pictures when they arrive

VS5LS2

WTB v8 t5 manual conversi
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs statesman series 2 v8
Looks sick mate. Have you still got that boot lip? Im looking for one for my vs ss. Thanks

Jarrid

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs SS Commodore 95
sorry mate both gone now but on the plus side my parts have arrived on a big down note on sunday i was at soccer getting changed for the game and what i can put together ive sat down next to someone with the same bag and instead of putting my phone wallet and keys in my bag one of my team mates has taken it home its one of the blokes in the 2 s as i play 1s when i finished he had left and i dont know who it was its now Tuesday and im going insane as im also in the middle of moving out !! and cant finish the forms without all my id not to mention work with missing phone so as soon as i find them there will be pics of new parts

Jarrid

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs SS Commodore 95
Very long time since I have posted here and 2 house moves later but I still own this old girl I will try post some photos but its hard to find any to meet the size requirements for the site is there an external site I can then post links to? anyway new clutch time what is a good brand clutch that is reliable and long lasting does not need to be heavy duty or anything all this car does is cruise around town just want an exceptionally smooth clutch.
Also best product for black swirl marks have a lot of holographic's left from the 3M perfect it compound and the Meguiars ultimate polish doesn't have enough cut to remove them, just need something fine for that last bit ?

Jarrid

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs SS Commodore 95
So for a few months now I have had a starting problem but had a mate come around last weekend and after some backyard mechanical analysis we found the fuel pump working sometimes(which is strange as it always smelt fuely when turning over). The car has sat for extended periods so maybe bad fuel.
On the weekend I did the fantastic job of replacing the pump and dropping all 44 liters of fuel (cry's internally) which was a very piss yellow, there was small amounts of rust on the pipes of the actual pipe assembly not to bad, I also didn't take note of my disassembly of the pump which led me to google where things went mainly the sock direction and rubber which sits in between pump and assembly but after that all together. I 2 packed my tank with left over Vz Quicksilver and body deadened above the tank and my stone guard (part in front of tank?) came up nice cheap satin black spray can on straps looks good enough then came the **** job of putting the pump assembly back in the swirl pot and tank after 30 minutes and a few ins and outs I got it.
Then lifted the tank back up with new rubber strips between body and tank and the **** job of running the plastic pipe back up through the chassis as you lift the tank. replaced breather hoses as they were perished.
then came the moment of truth 20 liters of clean 95 I primed the pump a few times (could hear it quiet clearly with door open) every time the pump got quieter 10 seconds of turning over and BAM started up!!! all good 3 restarts seems to be fine now even the fuel gauge still works (knock on wood) this has solved my problem just thought I would follow up if anyone else has these symptoms.

Jarrid

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs SS Commodore 95
Ill try get some photos up of the tank having a hard time doing so as the files are always to large?