Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VT SS LS2

Galixia

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 CBR1000RR & G6E Turbo
so the rear Low King Springs were looking like SL or SSL's when i had a full gas tank and petrol tank so to get it looking more legal had some FE2's chucked in the arse end. It raised it a bit so can drive over speed bumps etc again. While doing that the inside of the rear tyres was worn out so took it to Pedders and got a 4 point camber kit put in, 4 wheel alignment and 28 point safety check. They said the whole suspension setup is in great condition and couldn't pick up anything which is a plus.

Also thought its time to get rid of the VT SS wheels so picked up some VX Clubby wheels as well. They have a bit of gutter rash round the outside so sending them in to get fix and resprayed in the next week hopefully so they will come out looking like new.

Next thing on the list is either get the tinting redone or Harrop Tru Trac with 3.9's and a Harrop diff cover as well.

Galixia

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 CBR1000RR & G6E Turbo
so the Z grip gave out and after looking round decided that i didnt want another on off clutch so i ended up going for the Mcleod RXT Twin Plate Clutch, Still using the fly wheel from the Z Grip just had it machined at ABS. Just waiting for time to be able to get it in now.

Worn out Z Grip
IMG_0436.jpg

Mcleod RXT
IMG_0442.jpg

With the flywheel
IMG_0444.jpg

Galixia

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 CBR1000RR & G6E Turbo
My brother got the new clutch in today for me. The old Z grips flywheel didn't fit with the Mcleod RXT clutch so back to the stock flywheel. Feels good and grips really good. He also dropped by Harrop today and picked up my new diff cover getting ready to do the diff. Harrop is opening a workshop in the next week or two in Melb so thinking of getting them to do the diff.

Harrop Sports Diff Cover

IMG_0445.jpg

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
this car is coming together real nice, has some very tasteful mods.

Galixia

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 CBR1000RR & G6E Turbo
this car is coming together real nice, has some very tasteful mods.

Cheers mate

so the car is back from Northern Diff's and while there had them put in 3.91 gears, Eaton Trutrac center, all new bearings, new half shafts (the old ones were both twisted), Harrop diff cover, new front housing and tail shaft uni's. Whole new rear end feel.

So now just has to have 1000kms put on it to break it in.

Last edited:

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
long way to heathcote

btw: nice car bud!

Galixia

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 CBR1000RR & G6E Turbo
Heard you were giving me the keys

lol you sold your V8... im guessing the VE SV6 doesnt cut it?

The wheels gripped and the uni joint snapped and sent my tail shaft everywhere. So had to borrow a mates car and tow mine back. Tail shaft is in at Ken Hastings Balancing to get fixed and strengthened. The Center bearing went as well.

Last edited: