Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VY Acclaim SerII

Oh_Your_Blind

Green means 'Earth'!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY Executive

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
man that actually looks really good!

Haha, yeah I know, I have all these colour combinations going through my head, then decide on one - and then see this photo and i'm back to square one again!!

I'm seriously thinking about getting a few colours, and spraying up one panel in each combo that I want, to see if it looks good on the car/colours go with each other etc,

At the moment i'm loving the idea of satin/flat black - (lower half) with a red kandy over silver 'textured' layer - (top half) sort of like a 'crinkle' finish in the silver then kandy over it... like you 'dab' clingwrap (or something) on the silver when its wet to get an uneven layering of silver, to expose the black underneath it... I think its called marbeling, or crayser effects? (there's a few different ones)

If you get what I mean... lol,

Thats a nice looking car hey, like the lime green to split up the colours...

But dayyum, he must've spent some money on that! sunroof, 'SS' bits everywhere, stereo, bags etc etc...

If I had the money I'd just buy that, then shave it.. lmao.. Nah, just kidding!

Oh_Your_Blind

Green means 'Earth'!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY Executive
Haha, yeah I know, I have all these colour combinations going through my head, then decide on one - and then see this photo and i'm back to square one again!!

I'm seriously thinking about getting a few colours, and spraying up one panel in each combo that I want, to see if it looks good on the car/colours go with each other etc,

At the moment i'm loving the idea of satin/flat black - (lower half) with a red kandy over silver 'textured' layer - (top half) sort of like a 'crinkle' finish in the silver then kandy over it... like you 'dab' clingwrap (or something) on the silver when its wet to get an uneven layering of silver, to expose the black underneath it... I think its called marbeling, or crayser effects? (there's a few different ones)

If you get what I mean... lol,

Haha yeh i get what you mean, that'd look sick contrasting colours, then like the pattern on the colours too..

DO IT!

Thats a nice looking car hey, like the lime green to split up the colours...

But dayyum, he must've spent some money on that! sunroof, 'SS' bits everywhere, stereo, bags etc etc...

If I had the money I'd just buy that, then shave it.. lmao.. Nah, just kidding![/QUOTE]

Dan VS 231

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Senator
Yeah the ebay car is a nice looker. Too bad its a dual fuel ecotec with chev badges and "ss" in the seats. Could do with a conversion of some sort in the engine bay.

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nope, not a lot of progress on this poor gurl...
Cheers for reading it all, (I hate reading builds only to find they aren't finished, or progress is slow! lol)
I've gotta pull my finger out, reading this again gets me motivated!

If anything we're going backwards, the radiators packed it in again... Dam cheap ****! lol. Got a 12month warranty on it, so hopefully the guys are still down where they were, otherwise I'm up for a new radiator! Grrr...!

Basically been flat out servicing family cars the last couple of days, engines, gearbox's etc... And in the garden before that, and hiding from the rains!

Still don't know what colour to paint it, atm I'm thinking just go back to blue, maybe with a stronger pearl, or bigger flake, then I see that two tone paint job and I think DO IT!!! lol.

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah the ebay car is a nice looker. Too bad its a dual fuel ecotec with chev badges and "ss" in the seats. Could do with a conversion of some sort in the engine bay.

:bomb:

LOL, doesn't have a lot going for it does it?!!

Rallye

Reaction score
Members Ride
Soon to be a VE
one word: PIMP

haha great stuff, keep it up...

Ryan.mate

ryan
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss sandman 5.7
dude, have you done anything with the poppers yet. as in making the pop rods prettier?