Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My wl caprice l@@k

D-Renzow

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL Caprice & VQ Stato
good to finally see some pics dude. really REALLY hope u have the standard grill back in by now lol Did u end up getting your front sensors working with the new head unit?

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
good to finally see some pics dude. really REALLY hope u have the standard grill back in by now lol Did u end up getting your front sensors working with the new head unit?

HEYYY, how u been?
Haha na havent had the chance just yet to change the grill. lol you know how freezing it is out side today specially after that hail we had before.
i got so worried bout the car.

As for the sensors, i havent found anyone who can get them to work again. :( :( Very upset.
i went back to autobarn where i had the headunit instatlled but they said they arent working because they had to bypass the stock amplifier to get sound coming out of the new headunit and that they dont know how to make both of them work at the same time

If anyone has had this happen to them or know how i can fix it or who i can go to in the South Eastern suberbs can you please help me out with any advice. Thanks :)

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 2002 Executive v6. Ex Patrol Car
Yeah.. Its a holden... I can understand why some people may not want to wear the badge, lets face it... Holdens aren't exactly built that well. But a chev? Chev is like the Reject Shop version of GM, the Budget brand... I don't know why someone would want to put that on there car... And very distastefull.

Ofcourse in saying that, this is YOUR car... not mine. And stupid anicdotes and judgements aside; if you think it looks good, then power too you. Like I said, Its your car :)

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
Alright i think he gets the idea that 99% of people on this forum "dislike" (read: hate) the chev badge. With your guards being rolled you can get a professional to do it or if you wait till a nice warm hot sunny day and use a mallet and a dolly you can do it but it is risky. Or you can use a hair drier to heat it up instead of waiting for it to warm up again. I did mine and didn't crack the paint, but on a mates car i did crack the paint, although his paint was alot worse condition and he didnt really care about the car..

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Hey Paul.
Thanks heaps, still got alot to do to her b4 she looks anywhere as good as yours. Lol

That's not a bad idea on getting ss peddels. :)
I'll have a look into that.

tats cool mate, ive sorta died down on the mods. Ive got the same cluster as urs but have had phreddy do his magic with the lights.

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
Alright i think he gets the idea that 99% of people on this forum "dislike" (read: hate) the chev badge. ..

I Sure do know know that no many out there like the badge.

With your guards being rolled you can get a professional to do it or if you wait till a nice warm hot sunny day and use a mallet and a dolly you can do it but it is risky. Or you can use a hair drier to heat it up instead of waiting for it to warm up again. I did mine and didn't crack the paint, but on a mates car i did crack the paint, although his paint was alot worse condition and he didnt really care about the car

I have had my guards rolled on my previous car a Wl Stato, the paint from underneath sort of cracked but didnt spread so i dont know if i wana do it again. however that is one thing i wouldnt do at home, lol
Thanks for your input. :)

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
tats cool mate, ive sorta died down on the mods. Ive got the same cluster as urs but have had phreddy do his magic with the lights.

lol, I think you have moded everthing on the car that there is nothing else to mod cause it looks PERFECT. :)
Good choice with the cluster, best ones available are the WL ones excluding some of the HSV clusters.

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
Update

just a littile update

I just Changed my Belt, tensioner pulley and ideler pully all yesterday.
There was a horrible squeek like cicicicicicicicicicciciciciciciii lol in the morning when i started the car on cold starts which i really hated. The squeek evntually disappeared when the car warm up but still embarising* upon start.

So anyway did my deep reasearch for about a month now and it narrowed down to those 3 things mentioned above, so i thought id do them all at once for peace of mind.
I was going to do them myself and had a crack at it until i relized that i cant undo the tensioner pulley bolt because one of the two bolts is rite behind the power steering pulley, and i dont have the tool to get the PS pulley off.
so had all three done plus a new fuel filter (also discovering that the old fuel filter was the wrong way around WT?) all put in for $50.
started the beast this mornng (as i had to wait for a cold start) and walla its perfect.
i hate my car making any sort of noise. lol
prices were as such.
WL V6 Belt: $30.60
Ideler pulley: $29.15
Tensioner Pulley: $51
Fuel Filter: $12
Labour: $50
TOTAL: $172.75

Cheers
Dave

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
Hey guys,
I'm going to be lowering my car tomorrow morning.
Front and rear Pedders low ryder suspension with king springs.

Can anyone advice me on wether I Should go super lows 40-50mm or ultra lows 50-60mm.

For the spring should I choose the SL or HD eg KHFL- 47Sl or KHFL - 47HD for the front and KHRL-46SL or KHRL- 46HD for the rear?

If any one can post up pics of there Vy Vz specially WL WK STATO OR CAPRICE with description of whats it lowered on, that will help me decide.

Your input will be appreciated.
Thanks.
Dave.

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
My wl caprice now on ultra lows

Well i Ended up lowering my Limo on ULTRA LOWS this morning well yesterday morning i shuld say. (just got back from work).

I went With pedders Shocks and struts Rear model# GSR-9095
and KING SPRINGS as i couldnt get my hands on a decent priced set of pedders springs.
MODEL #s:
KHFL-47SL & KHRL-46SL.

Now these are considered ultra lows for the WK WL caprice statesman range according to the kings website however they are classified as just Super lows for the vy vz range this is because off the weight difference in both cars between VZ and WL. So do becarefull when choosing your springs.

Ok well enough Talk from me.
Enjoy some pics below.
i have attached both before and after pics so those wanting to see the difference these spring will make to your car can have a better idea and also close up and far photos so you can observe what your car will look like from a distance and from close.

Well hear i am chatter boxing again. lol

I hope i have helped those out there planing to lower their cars and others.

Comment below
Cheers
Dave