Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

VZSSHawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
I’ve had the ‘couldn’t you afford a Maloo’ jibe thrown at me twice in the last couple of months by fellows who were commenting on my Redline Ute.

I always answer I only wish I had the cash for one and what do you drive?

Even if they said a Ferrari I’d have to go one better and say, couldn’t afford a Veyron aye.

It’s all relative in the end and a true enthusiast wouldn’t belittle your car to your face anyway.

I had a discussion one day with some where I mentioned I'd rather a Holden SS over a Ferrari or Porsche any day, look so much better and just can't justify that price tag.

Maloo37

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais, VF2 SSVR UTE
I’ve had the ‘couldn’t you afford a Maloo’ jibe thrown at me twice in the last couple of months by fellows who were commenting on my Redline Ute.

I always answer I only wish I had the cash for one and what do you drive?

Even if they said a Ferrari I’d have to go one better and say, couldn’t afford a Veyron aye.

It’s all relative in the end and a true enthusiast wouldn’t belittle your car to your face anyway.

So true mate.

Yep just had the same jibe thrown at me yesterday by a guy driving a 340 Maloo, just replied with yes i could just couldn't justify 17K extra on a sticker pack and hard top.... got a laugh from his mate too..... still waiting for is retort.... lmao

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
For those of you waiting, MY17 is January 2017 onwards.... They're continuning MY16 until factory shutdown in December and then once it reopens next year they'll be full steam ahead on MY17.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Thanks @timandhayley.

So maybe I will order one in October or thereabouts.
Or I might get a HSV before.
Decisions decisions....

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
November ordering will be for 2017 build (i.e. MY17). The initial cars will be allocated (as all the new model releases are). It wouldn't surprise me if MY17's are allocation all the way through (dealers won't be able to order for stock).

I have no idea about the special packs, only that there will be a few different ones and that they'll be adding things that are available from the parts bin (i.e. MRC, 20 inch wheels, etc). There's the new green, orange and grey as discussed earlier and that's about it. MY17 V6's will be Euro 5 compliant, which is why Holden had to apply for an exemption to continue building MY16 past November (they're currently only Euro 4). The LS3 V8 has been Euro 5 compliant since it's introduction last year.

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
Timandhayley, thanks for your input, does this mean the official MY17 spec release will be delayed until later in the year also?

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
For those of you waiting, MY17 is January 2017 onwards.... They're continuning MY16 until factory shutdown in December and then once it reopens next year they'll be full steam ahead on MY17.

Well that shits me off, if I knew that I would of waited for a late build MY16. This is what annoys me with GMH, changing things last minute. This explains why the Bathurst has been sidelined.

Oh well still excited about getting my Redline at the end of the month. Mmmmmm Jungle Green Redline with Red Centre Caps.

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
Holden are really milking it and are nibbling at the hand that feeds them, it will be interesting to see what a generation of Holden die hards turn to once Elizabeth closes, I would bet Holden have underestimated how many die hards will leave the brand.
So sad.