Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
yes i won't be going back also had me wanting around for an hour after the test drive trying to work out the "best deal" so all up i was there for nearly 2.5 hours.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
because the colour is flat and not a metallic, Im leaning towards the chrome this time around as opposed to the blackout pack on the Jungle Fever because the paint is metallic. Here is Spitfire with the blackout pack, minus the black roof

Williamstown Road Garden City?

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Super Coach an up date on change over i was in dealer today to get a price for change over from a May 14 ssvr to a GTS only offered $32000 for the Redline and wanted $106500 for the GTS

clearly they are in the business of starting a museum!

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
yes i won't be going back also had me wanting around for an hour after the test drive trying to work out the "best deal" so all up i was there for nearly 2.5 hours.

Crap that's some time, I guess I didn't have a trade in but about 10mins on the phone and my deal was done. I probably spent 10 plus hrs looking at Holden dealer stock and sending emails, I'm sick because I love screwing with new car sales people.

Trade ins are hard better to sell private if you can, they(dealers) prey on those that couldn't be stuffed.

Ps the green is horrible YUK!!!!!!!!

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
Super Coach an up date on change over i was in dealer today to get a price for change over from a May 14 ssvr to a GTS only offered $32000 for the Redline and wanted $106500 for the GTS

Realistically 2014 Redlines are advertised on Carsales in the high 30's if the km's are very good. Considering advertised price is one thing, selling price is another, and also a dealer has to pay GST even on a used car sale, then of course they need to make $ on the deal so that $32,000 is all you can really expect. The only way I'd say you would get more as a trade is if the new car price is jacked up to pay for the higher trade in. $32,000 for a 2014 Redline would be a fantastic buy price if you were looking to buy one and the kms were very good. The $106,500 for the GTS sounds over the top price, again looking on Carsales $90K seems to be readily available price for new 2016 GTS. While I think the Redline trade in price is to be expected, the price for the GTS seems to be way over the top.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
^ Agree with your assessment, $32k trade is as expected, but when being offered the expected lowball you wouldn't expected a $15k hit on the new price. If they were planning to charge full retail for the GTS you'd expect they'd offer nearly $50k as the trade.

When we were looking for a new Redline wagon 18 months ago, ~$40k was what dealers had SV6 wagons for; OK, they're asks, but still ...

I could be wrong here, but I don't think a used dealer has to pay GST on the whole sale, because GST has already been paid on the new price. They do have to collect & pay GST on the profit, though, because that's the service they're providing.

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
I could be wrong here, but I don't think a used dealer has to pay GST on the whole sale, because GST has already been paid on the new price. They do have to collect & pay GST on the profit, though, because that's the service they're providing.

No, I bought 2 used cars in 2014, my '09 VE SS, and a Forester for the wife. both definitely show 10% GST. So the wifes '08 Forester reads $12,500 plus $1,250 GST - total $13,750 they did also add an "Admin fee" of $295 so just over $14,000 all up. Similar for the SS something like just under $18,200 plus $1820 GST - $20,000 total including GST. The dealer definitely is subject to pay 10% GST on a used car sale. Of course if the dealer incurred GST charges in the course running their business they can claim back GST that they have paid.

Edit - The GST on Used car has nothing to do with GST having been paid on the car as a new car. If a car is sold numerous times over its lifetime by licensed dealers, 10% GST is payable every time the car is sold by a licensed dealer. If the car changes hands many times (by dealers) the government reaps the GST every time.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Gotta love a tax on a tax on a tax. :(

Brabham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nitrate VF2 SSVR
No, I bought 2 used cars in 2014, my '09 VE SS, and a Forester for the wife. both definitely show 10% GST. So the wifes '08 Forester reads $12,500 plus $1,250 GST - total $13,750 they did also add an "Admin fee" of $295 so just over $14,000 all up. Similar for the SS something like just under $18,200 plus $1820 GST - $20,000 total including GST. The dealer definitely is subject to pay 10% GST on a used car sale. Of course if the dealer incurred GST charges in the course running their business they can claim back GST that they have paid.

Edit - The GST on Used car has nothing to do with GST having been paid on the car as a new car. If a car is sold numerous times over its lifetime by licensed dealers, 10% GST is payable every time the car is sold by a licensed dealer. If the car changes hands many times (by dealers) the government reaps the GST every time.

Sorry, not entirely accurate I'm afraid.

The dealer does have to add the GST when he sells the car to you, but he claims a credit for the GST in the car when they purchase it. If it was a person not registered for GST, they can claim one eleventh of the purchase price. So they really do only pay GST on the profit of the vehicle, each time it is sold.

Back to MY17.....