Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

Kman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II Acclaim; (On order for July delivery: MSE)
I heard its $5k more than normal Redline manual
Do you mean MY17 Redline is $5k more than a MY16, or that Motorsport Edition is $5k more than a standard redline?
Cheers
Kman

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Do you mean MY17 Redline is $5k more than a MY16, or that Motorsport Edition is $5k more than a standard redline?
Cheers
Kman
the M.E is more over a SSVR

Brabham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nitrate VF2 SSVR
There's plenty of dealership staff that want to buy them also. We have a number of interested employees already putting their hand up for one as soon as info is released.

My wife won't drive one, so that rules me out :(

They will stop making Commodores next year Tim.

Wives will be made indefinitely. Just saying ;)

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
Hey crewman what was the price difference for a redline?

Compared to the price I was given in October 2015 its over $10k more, but the staff price for SSVR's could have gone up throughout the year.

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
I thought that the limited Editions ie M.E. or B.E. would not be in limited numbers as Holden has undertaken an obligation to fulfill all orders before end of production in Oct. 2017. Is that right?

bradles024

Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR8
Compared to the price I was given in October 2015 its over $10k more, but the staff price for SSVR's could have gone up throughout the year.

Wow that's quite an increase. Was considering selling the Reserve Edition to get a Motorsport? Edition but not if it's that much more.

207 line

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSVR
Not me, although my detailer has my details and instructions to call me once he has MY17 info.
I didnt worry to much on details for MY17 SSVR..... I ordered two weeks ago for my MY17 Son of a Gun Grey with an all black out kit. A $500 deposit with a trade in, signed and sealed at my local dealer. Sweet! due Feb. Cant wait! :D

W375 redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
W375 s2 redline
Hi all ☺ : that letter released on 14.11.16 is for employees only : they have until friday 25.11 to secure one of these editions : as the letter states, employees have the opportunity to get one of these well b4 being released to the public or the media, so i assume that holden dealers would not b contacting the general public about this as yet : i have heard officially that they r 10k more over their standard equivalents : hope that clears things up ☺

Strueth

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Monaro
I didnt worry to much on details for MY17 SSVR..... I ordered two weeks ago for my MY17 Son of a Gun Grey with an all black out kit. A $500 deposit with a trade in, signed and sealed at my local dealer. Sweet! due Feb. Cant wait! :D
Hey Marco - congrats on the purchase mate, did they show you the colour by any chance? The old colours are still on the website and my two local dealers insist they no nothing about this until end of December, actual cut and paste from her email from a week ago attached below.

"We have not received any information on the MY17 VF, as it stands, Prussian Steel is available on the VF, Son of A Gun grey is not available on the VF. Holden will make an announcement to Holden Dealers late December regarding the 2017 VF, so we will know more at that stage"

Given what the guys on here have tipped, and now the proof in the form of your order, how could I be sure what I've bought unless they have that colour on something else. I have put 2 grand down on a MY17 build and plated ute due 30 January 2017 in Prussian Steel which I can't see could be possible now.