Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

roberj33

Reaction score
Members Ride
N.a
Not sure if this has been mentioned or not; however, when insuring my new VFII SSV-Redline today, I was asked by Coles Insurance whether this was the standard Redline or the 'Reserve Edition'... if it is the Reserve Edition, the premium was an extra $200 per annum...

Marco_VESS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF2 Redline M6
Ok well I bit the bullet today and put down a deposit on a my17 Redline in light my fire for delivery in March.
Although I paid more than I wanted to, I got a little bit of a discount off rrp and a few extras thrown in so it didn't work out too badly.

Congrats! As I'm looking to order an MY17 Redline sooner rather than later, do you mind sharing what you paid? (PM is fine if you don't want it all over the place).

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Cheers Marco.
I ordered an ssv redline auto sedan with prestige paint. Drive away price came to just over 63,000 rrp, got it for 61,990 drive away with mats, bonnet/headlight protectors and full tank of fuel thrown in.

RedBadge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VF SSV Redline LMF
Ok well I bit the bullet today and put down a deposit on a my17 Redline in light my fire for delivery in March.
Although I paid more than I wanted to, I got a little bit of a discount off rrp and a few extras thrown in so it didn't work out too badly. I figured that at the end of the day its only money and Ill have plenty of opportunity to earn more, whereas I wont get another opportunity to buy a new Redline once they are gone.
My dealer said they have only been allocated 2 Redlines per month, whether this is just a ploy remains to be seen, but at least now I know my order is locked in and I don't have to worry about it any more.
Bit the bullet and confirmed sun of a gun for my redline due in early March. According to the dealer it will be the first 2017 manual redline in that colour at their dealership so hopefully I'll like the colour. Their allocation is 10 limited editions mix of auto and manual. 35 standard redlines and 1 director. From what I'm reading the director's will be near impossible to get. Glad I've got it all sorted now anyway.

Petrolhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Commodore sedan
I paid $2,000 deposit for MY17 Phantom black redline sedan, auto, 20 inch wheel upgrade, rear wing spoiler and tow bar,
$68,800, Delivery date early May,
Dropped the towbar due to, just falls into luxury tax.
Will fit towbar on first service.

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
I paid $2,000 deposit for MY17 Phantom black redline sedan, auto, 20 inch wheel upgrade, rear wing spoiler and tow bar,
$68,800, Delivery date early May,
Dropped the towbar due to, just falls into luxury tax.
Will fit towbar on first service.
There's a separate thread on deals ppl got that you should use. However something is wrong there because I ordered the exact same options plus Tint for $3000 less - did you opt for the BS protection pack or something?

Brabham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nitrate VF2 SSVR
I am completely perplexed by the games Holden are playing here.

Asked .......

I think I might visit a few dealers tomorrow to get some more info and possibly put down a deposit.

.... and answered.

Coldplay had a concert in Melbourne recently. My wife made me rush and get tickets before the 'one show only' sold out.

We got the tickets and sure enough, it sold out.

Suddenly, there was a second show announced. How lucky was that.

No connection implied, just a great concert. :)

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Asked .......

.... and answered.

Coldplay had a concert in Melbourne recently. My wife made me rush and get tickets before the 'one show only' sold out.

We got the tickets and sure enough, it sold out.

Suddenly, there was a second show announced. How lucky was that.

No connection implied, just a great concert. :)

Except in this case Holden has done the opposite. They first stated that there would be enough supply to meet all demand, then they backflipped and limited supply with an allocation system.
At the end of the day I had several options to consider -
1. Buy a my16 runout with a significant discount but end up with a car that will be considered to be 1 year old in only a couple of weeks..
2. Wait till later in 2017 to buy a my17 but then possibly miss out on colour and trans options or possibly miss out altogether..
3. Wait till 2018 and buy a runout my17 which is simply not an option for me
4. Order now, pay a slightly higher price, but have my order and preferences secured and receive a brand new car in the same month that it was built.

I would normally baulk at paying close to retail for a car, but in this case, as I don't have a crystal ball, I have decided its not work the risk to wait. Once Holden closes, thats it, there will never be another locally produced V8 rear wheel drive Commodore sedan ever, and I don't want to potentially ruin my chance of buying one for the sake of a couple of grand.