Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY 17 SSV SOAG Redline
Cheers Hobbitus.
No new pics as I've been quite busy lately, but when I get some more time I'll be putting up a thread in the show section and putting some pics up there. Maybe next week after the Opticoat gets done.:)

Yeah I will definitely be looking into opticoating... still undecided as to whether i drive her back lol... if I did I would do it over a couple of days and roll through the gears etc...

As discussed, I'll be getting a car bra anyway for long distance...

With regard optician, how long does it take?

Cheers

H

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
Yeah I will definitely be looking into opticoating... still undecided as to whether i drive her back lol... if I did I would do it over a couple of days and roll through the gears etc...

As discussed, I'll be getting a car bra anyway for long distance...

With regard optician, how long does it take?

Cheers

H
Generally its a 2 day process,a little less if the car is new

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY 17 SSV SOAG Redline
Cheers.

Might look into getting it done before I come home then.

What are people's thoughts on the dealer's 'detailing process prior to delivery?

I have read that some people don't want them touching the car in that way - rags / so sponges etc that have been used a billion times...

If I am going to go down I can try and tie it in with a 'work' week away. so would have time to get it done...

What do people recommend... it's going to be my 3rd 'baby' so I want to do the right thing from the start lol

Thanks.

H

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
HSV has never been listed as a separate entity by VFACTS and the sales have always been included in Holden sales.
You are correct though in saying that exports are not included in VFACTS figure.

You are right Zero. HSV is not listed in the VFACTS report as they are not a manufacturer (my bad). From my contact at FCAI, the holden Commodore monthly new car sales figure also includes commodores retailed to HSV in that month.

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
Take this thread and stick it in your dealers face lol.

Bahh! Pretty sure I did that the week before I picked it up, they still had no idea.....

I've email Holden asking for them, dealers are useless....

Marco_VESS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF2 Redline M6
I think Marco is meaning take the exports and HSV out of the 30,000 Holden said they will be building this year (not out of the 1566 sales for Feb).

Yeah, that's what I meant. 30,000 cars to be built this year including HSV and exports, so that's 30,000 minus X remaining to be sold as Holdens on the local market. 1566 per month across 10 months of production is 15,660 units. Let's say they build some excess stock to carry them through to when the Opel Insignia is on sale, and call it 18,000? Seems like there will be unsold stock.

What we don't really know is the breakdown of V6 vs V8 that Holden intends to build this year, but come December there will either be no V8s to be had for love or money and V6 models gathering dust at dealers nationwide; or they plan to build not many V6s and a stack of V8s and sell them all.

I wish I'd paid closer attention to what was on my dealer's allocation sheet beyond the Redline models now :)

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Yeah, that's what I meant. 30,000 cars to be built this year including HSV and exports, so that's 30,000 minus X remaining to be sold as Holdens on the local market. 1566 per month across 10 months of production is 15,660 units. Let's say they build some excess stock to carry them through to when the Opel Insignia is on sale, and call it 18,000? Seems like there will be unsold stock.

What we don't really know is the breakdown of V6 vs V8 that Holden intends to build this year, but come December there will either be no V8s to be had for love or money and V6 models gathering dust at dealers nationwide; or they plan to build not many V6s and a stack of V8s and sell them all.

I wish I'd paid closer attention to what was on my dealer's allocation sheet beyond the Redline models now :)

still building US caprice cop cars, another batch in the holding yard atm.

Last ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS 6.2
Right, so is it just a matter of a phone call with a VIN, or build number? If so, and you have a phone number or email, can you please message me the details
I'm really keen to get my pics too. Can someone please let me know how to go about this.

LMF 17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR
Excited now, new LMF SSVR left Adelaide today and will arrive at dealership tomorrow, most likely will pick it up on Friday. Anticipation is killing me.

doug05

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8Z Monaro & VF2 SSV Redline
Very nice! I like! Hopefully mine will look the same, but my LMF will already have the tinted windows when I collect the car. So what's this crystal serum paint protection that you applied? What's the cost and where did you get it done? I showed the Mrs the pics and she shrugged her shoulders and said "looks alright.."

Thanks for the kind words everyone, it really does look mint (amazing the amount of comments the red centre caps get too)!

Re the Crystal serum (also topped with EXO V3), I had it applied by Micks Attention2Detail (QLD). Check him and his work out at http://www.micksattention2detail.com.au/. This is the second car he has worked on for me, and I couldn't recommend him enough if you are in SEQ and looking for a detailer you can trust.