Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
So I noticed that only 1566 Commodores were sold last month. Given it seems there's been a healthy level of interest in the V8 models, would I be right in thinking the V6 models are just about sales proof at the moment? 1566 would only extrapolate to about 15,000 in 2017, well short of the 30,000 they're going to build.
Of course, you need to take HSV and exports and whatever out of that, and from what I gather, the last few months of production are going to be pretty heavily skewed towards V8s.
There's a blue MY16 SV6 Black at my local dealer that was there the day I ordered my Redline in January and is still there nearly three months later.

If that is the monthly sales figure from VFACTS that you are referring too, then you are wrong that the 1566 includes HSV and exports. The VFACTS data is based off retail sales, not wholesale. HSV are their own make and exist in VFACTS as a separate entity to Holden. Export is self explanatory, so won't exist in VFACT data as they can't be retailed in Australia.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
If that is the monthly sales figure from VFACTS that you are referring too, then you are wrong that the 1566 includes HSV and exports. The VFACTS data is based off retail sales, not wholesale. HSV are their own make and exist in VFACTS as a separate entity to Holden. Export is self explanatory, so won't exist in VFACT data as they can't be retailed in Australia.

HSV has never been listed as a separate entity by VFACTS and the sales have always been included in Holden sales.
You are correct though in saying that exports are not included in VFACTS figure.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Fair enough I thought I've seen HSV listed. I receive the data monthly so I'll look tomorrow when back at work.

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
I think Marco is meaning take the exports and HSV out of the 30,000 Holden said they will be building this year (not out of the 1566 sales for Feb). I'm not surprised they aren't selling many V6's, last year they were about $39,000da, now they are more like $45,000. The V6 isn't going to have the enthusiasm the V8 might attract as production winds up on 20th October - 7 months away now. Of course Holden is building what they think they need to carry over into the first quarter next year, so I think it's likely there will be excess stock built than is likely to be sold month by month.

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
I just got my photos of my MY17 build Redline on the production line. These photos do exist! My car was built 10th January so it looks like they have kept all photos of the builds since the start of the year.

I have asked Holden customer care. They said they will be releasing photos soon. I got mine passed over from Adelaide.

Ok I NEED to know how to get a hold of mine! My dealer kept insisting they were not available... do you have an email I can contact?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY 17 SSV SOAG Redline
Hahaha yes here are a few bridges around this forum for them to live under...

My dealer didn't know about photos either.

Assuming once I get a vin and eng number I could give the factory a call and enquire?

How have other people.gine about it?

Cheers,

H

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
YUK! ,...reminds me of an iPhone 5c. Who on earth would want to drive a green car, let alone a commodore?

I think it's a case of 'to each their own' mate. There are a couple people on here with spitfires already, who I daresay would disagree with you.

Not sure that rubbishing people's car choices on a forum like this is the best way to go, but hey..your call.