Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
Sorry to be a pain here. But are you saying that they will ship the car with 19" rims to NZ with a spare crate of HF20's and then the dealer swaps the wheels over and has some 19" rims to use as coffee tables?? weird huh?. I'll double check with my dealer about the spare and TPMS to ensure I get all that. No matter what happens, I do appreciate your advice because I am gonna be on the front foot with the dealer.....
Nope I didn't say that unless you are talking wagon and a wagon owner will have to comment on this. The sedan has the HF20s fitted at the factory (and the wagon SHOULD too) including the spare and TPMS on all five. They cost much more if you ask the dealer to do it and the 19s get shipped back to HSVi as a 'trade in'. There's plenty of feedback and threads here in the forum if you try Search. But yeah I went through all this with my dealer and it was all good when my car arrived earlier this month. Keep the dealer honest on all counts!

Trofius

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline sportwagon
Nope I didn't say that unless you are talking wagon and a wagon owner will have to comment on this. The sedan has the HF20s fitted at the factory (and the wagon SHOULD too) including the spare and TPMS on all five. They cost much more if you ask the dealer to do it and the 19s get shipped back to HSVi as a 'trade in'. There's plenty of feedback and threads here in the forum if you try Search. But yeah I went through all this with my dealer and it was all good when my car arrived earlier this month. Keep the dealer honest on all counts!

I Was told it couldn't come from factory on the wagon, they had a he'll of a time dealing with hsvi, as mine was the first set requested for a redline wagon... When they sent the HF20 to the dealer they didnt realise the 2017 red line had the tpms, which is why there was no sensors in them ...

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Was talking with my dealer about why the 20" split rims are not factory fit anymore for the Redline wagon and he said something to do with load rating. Apparently the 20" 275/30 rear tyre doesn't meet load rating for the Redline wagon.

Last edited:

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
LMF17 that sucks! i went bank cheque as a wire transfer of that much cash doesn't float my boat.

well until tomorrow morning, i thought after having mine for two weeks i should probably put up a pic, and hopefully it'll make you get even more excited for tomorrow! plus i needed a new desktop wallpaper so.. :p

Attachments

• IMG_2092.jpg
    IMG_2092.jpg
    439 KB · Views: 293

LMF 17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR
LMF17 that sucks! i went bank cheque as a wire transfer of that much cash doesn't float my boat.

well until tomorrow morning, i thought after having mine for two weeks i should probably put up a pic, and hopefully it'll make you get even more excited for tomorrow! plus i needed a new desktop wallpaper so.. :p
Very nice.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline

Looks beaut Troyziee, and nice touch with the photography.
Have you done many kays in it yet? What are your impressions so far?

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
Looks beaut Troyziee, and nice touch with the photography.
Have you done many kays in it yet? What are your impressions so far?

I'm sitting at about 650 kms so far, unfortunately they are just about all mundane to and from work or running errands, haven't gone for a nice squirt somewhere, which is probably a good thing cause I'm waiting till 1000k to give it the beans.
Impressions.... love it! Every time I push that button to start it I smile!

The bending reserve lines are taking some getting used to, my VE wagon I knew how things appeared in the camera so could reverse anywhere, but i think this is a wider lens and the curving lines, I've been missing my targets a couple times, but that's just cause im soo used to the other camera. Also when it comes to parking, the front sensors aren't much help I find, there's a lot of occasions I pull right up to a wall in front to then reverse into a spot, the front sensors won't tell me how close I am, unless I hit the parking sensor button on the console... besides that, the mylink has been great! I'm moving up from Holden IQ, so to me it's a 4000% improvement!
Drives like a dream. I got in my old wagon (now the misses car) which has front brembos only, and the pedal felt soft as anything! I couldn't believe the difference, then drove my dads Subaru Outback (?), either way, some would say comparable being wagons of the same size, you really can tell a Japanese car, even with leather and everything it still just is not as nice, starting to really get why the vfii is compared to German cars that cost x3 the price!
Anyway! Can't wait for the day I find a nice mountain run, flick it over to sport/manual and just tap away on those paddles listening to the symphony :D

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Just saw this at the dealer and WOW, it looks pretty dam good in person. For anyone considering Spitfire with decals or MSE buyers.