Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

207 line

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSVR
Here are some pics of the ride, she's a little dusty today, probably not the ideal day for it. Best quality I could get for now.

Hey TheBman, just a few pics for you on my beast with the blackout lion.:D

Qcd3PTL.jpg

KeVCRxZ.jpg

3MYUPW7.jpg

KQsD5Sx.jpg

Hyperduc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline Wagon
Hey 207, nice look! What did you use to do the blackout?

Strattos

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII SS
Hey bman, my thoughts are the same, I am not really keen on changing anything unless it's a straight bolt on bolt off set up, ( at the moment anyway, hard to rule out a supercharged set up after being in a 1000 horsepower redline lol but that would be years away) the ride height seems to be the only contentious issue I have now, I want the supple handling and awesome factory grip, and power down they come with I am just a little perturbed about the somewhat 4wd look they can have, the vf redlines I have test driven, walked around, and worked on, just seem to be that tad high, yours looks nicely balanced though.

Car looks awesome Bman, bet you're enjoying it! Looks awesome. I'm in exactly the same boat as you guys in terms of the ride height.

I know it's probably a very subjective thing - some like to dump as low as they can and don't mind the concessions you may have to make, whereas others, like myself, might take a more conservative take on it.

Having ordered a non-Redline SS I'm looking at my options at the moment in terms of wheels and ride height. The problem is, from what I've seen, the wider the wheel you get, the more it accentuates the 4x4 look of the standard ride height - and I want wide wheels to fill out the guards, however not that keen on going too low - basically the absolute minimum to relieve the 4x4 look, so think I'm going to have to sacrifice something somewhere.

Looking at the brochure, in the dimensions it doesn't seem to differentiate the height between the SS and the Redline - but I'm assuming with the FE3 suspension they do sit a little lower? How much lower? I'd feel more comfortable getting a 'factory' ride height, but even the some of the Redlines seem to look like they need to be dropped just a tad.

I'm just going to keep looking at cars in here and in the Show My Ride to see the combos that pop up.

TheBman

Reaction score
Members Ride
Captiva LX

Hmmmm, looks pretty nice with the black out badge. Very nice looking car and color by the way, but I'm slightly biased :) Thanks for sharing!

TheBman

Reaction score
Members Ride
Captiva LX
Looking at the brochure, in the dimensions it doesn't seem to differentiate the height between the SS and the Redline - but I'm assuming with the FE3 suspension they do sit a little lower? How much lower? I'd feel more comfortable getting a 'factory' ride height, but even the some of the Redlines seem to look like they need to be dropped just a tad.

Thanks @Strattos! :) I've tried to read up on the shock/sprint rate/height differences between FE2 & FE3, and my conclusion (happy to stand corrected) is that in terms of ride height they'd be pretty much the same, if not identical. One will just offer a firmer ride with sportier response.

This might sound silly, but I wondered it you could just take a tape measure to a local dealer that has a SS and a Redline and take some sneaky measurements front and rear :)

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
Thanks @Strattos! :) I've tried to read up on the shock/sprint rate/height differences between FE2 & FE3, and my conclusion (happy to stand corrected) is that in terms of ride height they'd be pretty much the same, if not identical. One will just offer a firmer ride with sportier response.

This might sound silly, but I wondered it you could just take a tape measure to a local dealer that has a SS and a Redline and take some sneaky measurements front and rear :)
That's good idea, as long as you measure from the wheel arch to axle.

Last edited:

Trofius

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline sportwagon

My vf2 redline wagon sits at 15cm measured to the subframe behind front wheel, my Ve Z series, was 12cm to the same spot...

The Vf is almost the same as the wifes CX5!!!!! it is nuts

Last edited:

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
My vf2 redline wagon sits at 16cm measured to the subframe behind front wheel, my Ve Z series, was 12cm to the same spot...

The Vf is almost the same as the wifes CX5!!!!! it is nuts
Bugger

WalshySSVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSVR M6

Qcd3PTL.jpg

KeVCRxZ.jpg

3MYUPW7.jpg

KQsD5Sx.jpg
This is one damn fine looking car, my man. Menacing and stylish at the same time. Seriously, anyone ordering SOAG has got to be happy. Especially like the gloss black logos.