Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

RedBadge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VF SSV Redline LMF
Hi RedBadge, your car looks fantastic and I love the track stripes, makes it stand out more and personally I don't know why more people option them. Glad your happy with the colour, you were a little concerned at the start, and the blackout, it does make the VF2 more up to date with current designs and offers a better contrast on the light colours. In relation to your questions re fuel octane ratings and oils, ProfMopar pretty much nails it. Apart from higher octane ratings, 95 and 98 (more so) have more detergents in them that tend to keep fuel system/injectors cleaner and reduce carbon build up. Change the oil at 1000-1500kms on a brand new engine but do not use synthetics, just use whatever Holden recommends. Great choice on colour and options mate, I'm envious, still got a couple of months wait in front of me:(
Hey Martin. Thanks for the kind words and advice. I'll probably change the oil at the first inspection anyway and use 98 from here on. Have you finally decided on a colour for your MSE mate ?
1056.jpeg

The base for the hz sandman ute build up. Off thread i know but you did ask.

Last edited:

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
Just received the marketing email from Holden with the production line photos (I had mine already) but for all other MY17 owners, keep an eye on your email ;)

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Just received the marketing email from Holden with the production line photos (I had mine already) but for all other MY17 owners, keep an eye on your email ;)

Yeah I just checked my email and I got it too.

The pics are 6.6 and 6.8mb, my original ones were only 3mb.

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY 17 SSV SOAG Redline
Better late than never. Sun wasn't in best spot for photo taking.
Splooge lol

Thanks for those... I can't wait to get inside lol... 28th June can't come quick enough...

Have a question for all those new Redline owners with kids...

Big question.... what to do about car seat(s)....

I had an immaculate VY SS inside... the leather was cleaned regularly and had the meguiars leather foam applied monthly and massaged in...

Had a nice thick cover to place under car seat to take most of the indentations but some always invariably found a way to leave a mark... would dissipate over a few days and you couldn't tell... but that was different leather I am lead to believe...

How are people finding the leather going with having to have a a car seat or seats in for a period of time??

H

Leon771

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII SS-V Redline Sportwagon
Yeah I just checked my email and I got it too.

The pics are 6.6 and 6.8mb, my original ones were only 3mb.

Wife received a single picture today of our SSVR Sportwagon.
One pic is better than no pics.
It's the long shot looking at the front of the car.
I'd have liked a shot of the V8 being installed.

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SS-V Redline Sedan LMF
View attachment 191272 Went into the dealer yesterday to see SOAG in the flesh in SSV spec and happen to take my plates. Pretty happy with the look and color. View attachment 191271

Looks great! It would look nicer in the sunlight, rather than a fairly dark showroom. I was this close (show forefinger and thumb about 1cm apart - yes, that close) to buying one when I first saw one in a showroom. Congrats!

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SS-V Redline Sedan LMF
Reading everyone getting there cars is making me jealous haha.
I wont get mine to June (wanted it as late as possible). Mine is a LMF Redline Sedan in Manuel with a High Wing spoiler and sports armour

Mine is also LMF in manual with tinted windows but with a standard spoiler and no armour. I get mine at roughly the end of May. I may want to get a Phantom Black Lip Spoiler which is a fatter spoiler? Does anyone have one of these on their car? Pic anyone?

Anyway, I have waited 2.5 months so far, and 1.5 months to go...

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Hi Martin. I was under the impression that all Holden specified Dexos2 oils were fully synthetic. I'm sure I read somewhere that the factory fill oil is synthetic. I could be wrong though.
Is there a particular oil I should be using for the first change?
I am going to stick with this oil for all future services
http://www.penriteoil.com.au/Portal/product_images/web/EPLUSGF5006.png
Hey Zero, I'd be surprised if they'd pay for synthetic but I'll check. I'd expect there would be an increased risk of glazing running a new engine with a full synthetic oil. There's a lot of BS spoken about oils and the risk of using/not using a specific brand, type, weight etc, a lot of it created by the oil company marketing departments. Any modern mineral oil from a reputable manufacturer will be fine as long as the weight selected is in the approximate range. If you just stick with the scheduled servicing you wont have a problem though I do consider them a little over the top in relation to frequency and disregard for km's travelled, but that's just because they are, it's all about the money money:) I have to go to the local dealer tomorrow so I'll enquire about the OEM specified oil unless someone here already knows. If Holden does recommend a mineral oil I'd steer clear of synthetics for a while, give the engine a chance to break/bed in properly.
On a separate note, has anyone heard of vibration issues with tremec manual transmission affecting VF2's and Camaro's?