Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mylink hack or upgrade

Jekt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF1 Wagon 2014

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
I’ve got a 12v socket/USB combo assembly plugged into the DOC that runs a Garmin GPS with dashcam. My idea when I was toying with the Import road kit was to ask if it could be supplied with a standard 12v male plug instead of the DOC male. I was going to then put a standalone dashcam into the unused USB port.

If they say they cant supply it with a 12 plug, and you can do basic wiring, you could always go with a socket adapter. Something like this one. Switch the 12v and DOC male plugs around. Theres plenty of space between the glovebox and left end of the dash to store it..

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
I'm using the blank DOC connector in the glove box for a dash cam. Would I need to unplug the dashcam and splice cables to get those power, ground and acc again? Really asking if the Import Road kit uses that connector? Whats the best/easiest way to do that? T tap connectors like these? https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B077YB...olid=1A0HRXMKTPVTX&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I have too - the Import Road kit comes with the simple Envyous Customs DOC connector plug which was designed to make this an easy plug and play.
You can splice the wires from that DOC connector plug to your dash cam wires, or you can simply ask not to have the Envyous Customs plug and wire it to the DOC connector yourself in whichever format you want.
Mine is spliced into the DOC connector plug.

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8
Starting to have a play with the naviplus kit. Just getting the feel for using photoshop for poor mans edi. Using a wireless display adaptor so no cables from my phone. Eventually would like to get an android box. Also trying to suss out getting the AEM OBD wideband data into my shitty bluetooth elm clone. Looks do-able but haven't tried yet. Eventually will be using RealDash as that supports custom backgrounds like I'm doing now.

Test Splash Screen.jpg

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Starting to have a play with the naviplus kit. Just getting the feel for using photoshop for poor mans edi. Using a wireless display adaptor so no cables from my phone. Eventually would like to get an android box. Also trying to suss out getting the AEM OBD wideband data into my shitty bluetooth elm clone. Looks do-able but haven't tried yet. Eventually will be using RealDash as that supports custom backgrounds like I'm doing now.

View attachment 238115
Sounds great. What are you trying to do in Photoshop?

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
The graphics and the bulk of the gauges. Then just use RealDash to move the needles and change the text based read outs. The image above is my first attempt. Still missing a few things to look closer to the real EDI but just getting feet wet. From what I've read about RealDash it allows for a custom splash screen as well, so when I load up the app this screen will come up first for a few seconds then it will go into my home page.

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Couple of teaser shots. RealDash is pretty cool. Editing the base graphics in inkscape, autocad and paint.net then bring them into RealDash to add the needles and navigation buttons etc. The hardest part is trying to find fonts that are close.
20220531_133243.jpg
20220531_133217.jpg

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
^ Ah, Lambda ... "the forbidden measurement" /SpanishAccent

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
@hjtrbo did you make the red background to match the original mylink or were you able to get a copy of the original file?