Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mylink with an Android phone

gamerguy45

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exeutive
I have an android phone linked to my Redline and for the most part it works, always pairs, can make phone calls with the voice command, plays my music. The only problems I have are I'm not getting anything in the menu that's meant to show you artists play lists and so on. I'm also finding it occasionally says audio paused and wont play when you press play.

If you've had the same problem what phone do you have? Or better yet if not what phone do you have.

Cheers.

MtnsVF

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV redline wagon
I have all my music on a USB key that now lives in the car. VR to find an artist/album/ song works great. Playlists need adjusting as simply copying them from iTunes or similar results in teh computer path being copied and that confuses the Mylink. The playlists need to be manually edited down to the album-song title then it works.
The android phone ( samsung S4 ) pairs consistently for phone and text messages ( kids love the text to voice conversion on incoming ). I think the combo works well.

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
The version of the bluetooth audio that Android uses didn't have the artist info feature until Android 4.3, so unless you have a Google Nexus phone, as far as I know you're probably still waiting for 4.3 to come out for your device (I haven't really been keeping up to date with which phone is up to which version). Not only is it documented in the change list, but I can personally confirm that updating from 4.2 to 4.3 is what made the difference artist info-wise with my Nexus 4.

jbray1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking for a VE
My S4 picks up album art etc as well. But it's always a random image that's not from my phone. So dunno where that comes from.
The only issue I have with the Bluetooth with my Galaxy S4 is that sometimes when I connect to the car it connects straight away but is very, almost staticy... Like it's dropping out. It's like trying to watch a youtube video on 720p with dialup. Then just kicks in, like the data signal picks up or something.
Doesn't happen everytime, but roughly every second start up.

veessv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SSV
I have all my music on a USB key that now lives in the car. VR to find an artist/album/ song works great. Playlists need adjusting as simply copying them from iTunes or similar results in teh computer path being copied and that confuses the Mylink. The playlists need to be manually edited down to the album-song title then it works.
The android phone ( samsung S4 ) pairs consistently for phone and text messages ( kids love the text to voice conversion on incoming ). I think the combo works well.

does your music from the USB always play from where you were last listening to it? most of the time mine keeps playing from some random song and always from the same point in the middle of the song anyone else had this problem

MtnsVF

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV redline wagon
does your music from the USB always play from where you were last listening to it? most of the time mine keeps playing from some random song and always from the same point in the middle of the song anyone else had this problem

When using the USB it does the same thing. The songs aren't random but always in middle of a song. Seems the song choice might be alphabetical over the whole of the library so the artist will change.

gamerguy45

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exeutive
The version of the bluetooth audio that Android uses didn't have the artist info feature until Android 4.3

Thanks for the reply that sounds like it might be a good point il look into that. Not sure my phone will handle another Update though its getting on in age a bit almost 2 Years its a Sony Xperia S.

And yeah jbray1984 mine also has a random image some times its Gracenote that does that its built into Mylink it just fills in the gaps it cant get from your phone. Can't say ive had the issue you have with the static sound on your phone mind you I don't often use my phone as soon as im in the car.

knok_knok

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke
I have a Samsung S4 and when linked via bluetooth, My Link doesn't see any music "folders".
Just all of the albums and their tracks mixed together in alphabetical order.

Any clues as to why?

VF Evoke

pmcn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
My S4 picks up album art etc as well. But it's always a random image that's not from my phone. So dunno where that comes from.
The only issue I have with the Bluetooth with my Galaxy S4 is that sometimes when I connect to the car it connects straight away but is very, almost staticy... Like it's dropping out. It's like trying to watch a youtube video on 720p with dialup. Then just kicks in, like the data signal picks up or something.
Doesn't happen everytime, but roughly every second start up.

I think the static sound is bluetooth being overloaded while it downloads the address book on startup.

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
I'm actually waiting for delivery on a Cruze SRI-V which has the same My Link system.

Tried to pair with my Android phone (Sony Xperia Z with the latest firmware) & it linked up fine, but couldn't Bluetooth stream & despite what the dealer said, it wouldn't give me access to my contacts list - Having the same issue with the IQ system in the VE S2 for the record.

Tried it with my old man's iPhone 3GS (Running iSO6.xxx) & everything worked perfectly.

Basically, these systems seem to be geared more towards the iPhone sadly... Would love to hear if alternate Android models like the Galaxy 4S etc give greater functionality...?