Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Names Compulsory on the 2016 Census

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
I know of no one. But I do not know of anyone who has declined to complete it in order to ask. Bunch of scaremongering from ABS you think?

SaUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SSV ute

thestig

resident misanthrope
Reaction score
Members Ride
E34 535i M - E70 X5 M - E60 M5 - No Fear
I was interested in this also , so I did a bit of googling ,apparently in 2011 1282 notices were sent out with 78 of those prosecuted,so the chances are low.
Lifehacker also suggests some interesting ways to dodge the census.

How To Dodge Census 2016 To Protect Your Privacy | Lifehacker Australia

Yes.. beat me to it..

“For the 2011 census, there were 1,282 notices of direction issued and 78 prosecution actions approved.”

source: http://www.theguardian.com/technolo...omplete-form-over-privacy-concerns-face-fines

I myself have been threatened with over $30,000 worth of fines for failing to complete an ABS survey, but they never followed through...

thestig

resident misanthrope
Reaction score
Members Ride
E34 535i M - E70 X5 M - E60 M5 - No Fear
You had me laughing until fascism and muslim sympathy popped up. Then pffffffft... More lefist BS finds its way into an otherwise entertaining video.

Really, I found the "leftist", note the 't', BS the funniest part....

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Some interesting to read.

To start with, there are the techniques of surveillance. Hidden video cameras are now used in most stores and in many other places, computers are used to collect and process vast amounts of information about individuals. Information so obtained greatly increases the effectiveness of physical coercion (i.e., law enforcement). [26] Then there are the methods of propaganda, for which the mass communication media provide effective vehicles. Efflcient techniques have been developed for winning elections, selling products, influencing public opinion. The entertainment industry serves as an important psychological tool of the system, possibly even when it is dishing out large amounts of sex and violence. Entertainment provides modern man with an essential means of escape. While absorbed in television, videos, etc., he can forget stress, anxiety, frustration, dissatisfaction. Many primitive peoples, when they don't have work to do, are quite content to sit for hours at a time doing nothing at all, because they are at peace with themselves and their world. But most modern people must be constantly occupied or entertained, otherwise they get "bored," i.e., they get fidgety, uneasy, irritable.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Well I did it last night before the servers crash next week. There's no questions about me that the government doesn't already know. The ATO knows a WHOLE lot more than the ABS are asking.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
Well I did it last night before the servers crash next week. There's no questions about me that the government doesn't already know. The ATO knows a WHOLE lot more than the ABS are asking.

so there is no harm in doing it early? i did mine when i got the letter and everyones like its has to be done ON the night.

im like well ****, why did the site allow me to do it earlier then?

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
so there is no harm in doing it early? i did mine when i got the letter and everyones like its has to be done ON the night.

im like well ****, why did the site allow me to do it earlier then?

Nah man - all good. In fact from what I've seen they're encouraging people to do it early as long as they know they'll be home - I think they're expecting server issues. They emailed me a receipt too so no problems proving I did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.