Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Naviplus apple + android carplay v's Naiviplus maps v's Alpine apple + android .Pros & Cons

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Should be fine because I don’t have heated seats.
Yes i realise that but this is one of the major issues using Aerpro for Calais owners
The missing features for Aerpro are ..
Please note, the following OEM features in the vehicle will not be retained:
  • Push to talk Siri/google
  • 90 degree side (180 degree total) detection camera
  • Adaptive reverse camera lines
  • Auto detect front sensors
  • Heated seats
  • Bi-modal exhaust
  • Sport functions for laps and timing
  • OEM Cross Traffic Alert feature (to add Cross Traffic Alert feature to your aftermarket headunit, we recommend installing the Gator GXTA2 Universal Reverse Camera which has Cross Traffic Warning, aftermarket headunit requires reverse camera input)

harveyconnor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SV6
Yes i realise that but this is one of the major issues using Aerpro for Calais owners
The missing features for Aerpro are ..
Please note, the following OEM features in the vehicle will not be retained:
  • Push to talk Siri/google
  • 90 degree side (180 degree total) detection camera
  • Adaptive reverse camera lines
  • Auto detect front sensors
  • Heated seats
  • Bi-modal exhaust
  • Sport functions for laps and timing
  • OEM Cross Traffic Alert feature (to add Cross Traffic Alert feature to your aftermarket headunit, we recommend installing the Gator GXTA2 Universal Reverse Camera which has Cross Traffic Warning, aftermarket headunit requires reverse camera input)
Do you think you’d want to invest in an idatalink RR just to see what you can do with it, maybe in the Malibu configuration. I don’t want to buy it as I don’t have a HU to work with. I know you’ve got that alpine halo 9 already so it might be worth you testing it. If it’s not good, return or sell it on eBay

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Do you think you’d want to invest in an idatalink RR just to see what you can do with it, maybe in the Malibu configuration. I don’t want to buy it as I don’t have a HU to work with. I know you’ve got that alpine halo 9 already so it might be worth you testing it. If it’s not good, return or sell it on eBay
Maybe in the furture if i can confirm a bit more . $300 is a bit much for me at the moment , i have a couple of things to catch up on first.
I have sent an enquiry to them and an ebay seller but i expect to be told that they don't support our vehicles and use at your own risk type of thing

harveyconnor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SV6
Also guys update regarding the new Alpine VF head unit. Apparently the release has ben pushed beyond the end of this month to TBA. Due to Covid etc. the release has been delayed. I asked the guy what to expect and he said its a completely new unit with all the bells and whistles so expect wireless carplay/AA, higher res screen etc. The guy said he's physically seen the unit so I'd imagine he's not bluffing ahah

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon
See what unfolds over the next month perhaps

oms

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 CalaisV LS3
Just got word that the i902d is no longer available and that a new model is on the way. I hope it's a drop on replacement rather than a halo type thing.

Email below from Soubhi at SA referencing an alpine rep

---
I have received an email from Alpine saying that the i902d-vf is now no longer available and a new model will come out.

Please see below email response;

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Nope

VF nla new version coming maybe 6 months

Regards,

Adam Swinden

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Wish

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, Nitrate Silver Wagon
If the i902D is no longer available. What about the x902D?

oms

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 CalaisV LS3
If the i902D is no longer available. What about the x902D?

I had another rep from Automotive Superstore confirm they could get the x902D but it was on back order (email below - granted it was 7 Jan so things may have changed)

---

Thank you for your inquiry, the i902D-VF is no longer available at this stage. The X902D-VF is still available, however, is currently on back order until the end of this month.
https://automotivesuperstore.com.au/alpine-x902d-vf

The i902D-VF & X902D-VF does not support heated seat function.

We can include the KW-DY01G6 at no extra charge with the X902D-VF.

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
Does the alpine unit replace the factory Bluetooth module/antenna?

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
And does anyone know what we could expect from the 903D? My understanding is that this will be the third version of this system right?

What did the 902D give us that the previous version didnt? Also, are these fairly easy to install? I know how to pull the Mylink screen out. I just havent messed around the rest of it before. Im hoping its just plug and play.