Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need help - Highway Patrol (camera/radar and fine related) :(

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Well the great ocean road is a bit of a giveaway but also I watch highway patrol on channel 7 and that's always Victorian coppers your lucky they didn't pull you up lol apparently under goon legislation now they impound the car for 30 days

Actually, the "goon"? Hoon? Legislation only takes cars from idiots. Still yet to hear of someone losing their car for general day to day speeding etc. Always stories of a mates mate but generally they only take people who like to do skids in suburban areas or do 45+ over the speed limit.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
Yeah a cop can't sit in his car with a speed radar and snap you, that's only with fixed and van cams. That's why you usually see highway patrol gunning people, while their mate site down the road ready to book you if he gets the call from the cop with the gun

mazaa93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Sv6
Yeah a cop can't sit in his car with a speed radar and snap you, that's only with fixed and van cams. That's why you usually see highway patrol gunning people, while their mate site down the road ready to book you if he gets the call from the cop with the gun

Awesome stuff man.
While driving back I saw two HWP's pull over others, so yea I'm 100% safe thank god lmao.

Thanks to all the responses, really appreciate it fellas.

ALSO; I don't own a commodore.
Before getting P's I was set on getting a VZ SV6, ended up getting a BMW... Sorry for abandoning you all, I'll get a VZ SS on full license though haha.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
Meh, I never have cruise set below 115 on the Melbourne rd (turn it off through the seaky revenue makers which apparently save lives), yet to have been pulled over by HWP. Been past about 50 different cars. Seems once you break the 115 mark they care what speed you're doing :)

They didn't chase so you wont be fined :)

just be warned..the cameras on the Geelong Fwy are set to pic you..at 103

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
Lol auto correct sucks but yeah it's a wonder nsw doesn't do impounds oh wait that's right the gov are hopeless at finding sites for anything these days and another laugh is the desal plant they are saying its no longer needed until a new drought hits lol

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
just be warned..the cameras on the Geelong Fwy are set to pic you..at 103

Yep, which is why I said I turn cruise off going through it. I see more near accidents near these damned cameras than anywhere else. Everyone anchors on the brakes and slows to 90.

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
Just bought myself a dash camera so won't be speeding ill be just doing what bad drivers oz does and upload to YouTube lol

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
Usually if you jab on hte brakes when you see them it spurs them on to pull oyu over (shows intent in their eyes) if you cruise on by they wont look up from their donuts.
Most HWP I have ever encountered have been pretty good and are just doing their job. The ones they are mainly after is people doing 10-15+km/hr above the speed the rest of the traffic is doing. So if the traffics doing 105 and your doing 110 they wont look twice if the traffic is doing 100 and your doing 110 you will spark more interest.

Scott