Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need Help with deciding on engine mods VT V6

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
got a reply from chip torque performance about my dyno tune and they said that wont support my bored and polished Air Flow Meter, i was like WTF!. its still the exact same, still has the honey comb still works fine. just alittle bigger and it doesn't have that fin in the middle. i'm just going to lie and say its a standard one.

Silly silly move. Always tell your tuner exactly what your combo has had modified other wise any damage caused will be on your head. FYI, when a car gets tuned any damage incurred is subsequently the sole responsibility of the cars owner. A cars history is unknown to a tuner and they can only do their best with what they see in front of them. For example if you fit a modded MAF and don't tell the tuner pre tune it will be all over the shop and **** will stuff up. That will be YOUR FAULT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais Supercharged "Auuusiecouch"
the car is booked in to get everything installed next monday, my cam arrived in a crow cams box as did my performance spring kit. thought that was weird but when i opened the cam box i found the wade spec sheet. they use crow cams then regrind to the 992a112 spec. if you do buy from wade cams dont expect it to be processed within a week, took me 3 weeks. but well worth the wait, also communication was bad. taking the car for a big 7hr drive for chrissy then tune in january by chip torque.

"Good things take time" and there's only a few places a cam blank can come from..

Re your 7hr cruise - My 2cents; if it's un-tuned, don't let it idle for too long, as it'll be quite rich.. that's if it will idle at all. And probably best not to 'nail it' as it may detonate under high load. Best really to get it tuned ASAP ;)

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
Wait your installing all this and then taking it on a long drive before you get it tuned?? i figured you would just have it parked somewhere till tune but hey whatever floats your boat... although as westerlybreeze said you may have some trouble with it

Scroopy

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF2 SSV Redline 6.2L M6
it wont be straight away, install is this monday, road trip is the 24th after work. ive seen some people say there stock chip works. i wont be nailing it thats for sure its a steedy 5th gear run. and then bout 2 weeks later it'll be tuned. i always thought it was good to run it in abit. dont want the tuners reving brand new valve train to 5500+rpm and stuffing it up.

bpefi

Tech
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hilux Ute - Vs Ecotech Engine
yeah it should be but unfortunately its just black haha
let me explain the reason why mine is 3000 worth lol before everyone thinks i got ripped

i got the eaton trutrack installed (HIGHLY recommend this)
3.9 borg warner gears
upgraded to 8" housing
extra splines

thats why :)

you will see a CRAPLOAD of difference when you go from standard to 3.9's, the amount of G.O i got down low was amazing, like driving a new car, made my tacho out 20klms though, but an easy fix. its damn quick though, and the trutrack makes a hell of a difference aswell, its designed to be a single spinner unitll the mechanism feels force and locks up both wheels and starts spinning, designed to keep tyre wear to a minimum and save the life of the gears in the process..

Hi - I have an ecotech in a hilux - just wondering how you went with fixing the speed sensor being out with the speedo - I have 3.7 ratio diff & I have a unit to fix the speedo - can I just route the output of this back to the computer?

Scroopy

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF2 SSV Redline 6.2L M6
Hi - I have an ecotech in a hilux - just wondering how you went with fixing the speed sensor being out with the speedo - I have 3.7 ratio diff & I have a unit to fix the speedo - can I just route the output of this back to the computer?
why did you ask that here?

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
why did you ask that here?

I'd say because:

you will see a CRAPLOAD of difference when you go from standard to 3.9's, the amount of G.O i got down low was amazing, like driving a new car, made my tacho out 20klms though, but an easy fix.

I'm also keen to know how it's an easy fix, I was told it was fairly involved as you need to install an electronic box thing that can be adjusted to various diff ratios.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
It depends on the model of car you've installed the new diff gears into, but in the older commodores you need a resistor which is wired in between the speedo and the ecu to change the signal that is being sent. There are kits for this you can buy.
In the newer commodores you can have the speedo calibrated using a tech scan tool.

bpefi

Tech
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hilux Ute - Vs Ecotech Engine
It depends on the model of car you've installed the new diff gears into, but in the older commodores you need a resistor which is wired in between the speedo and the ecu to change the signal that is being sent. There are kits for this you can buy.
In the newer commodores you can have the speedo calibrated using a tech scan tool.

Hi - its not so much getting the speedo right - I have a speedo converter unit & speedo is right - its getting the right signal to the auto so it knows whats going on & changing properly - I was told to feed the same signal going to the speedo (after the conversion unit) to the computer - just wondering if you did anything or just left it alone