Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New 09 Badge's

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
Lighten up. I was being facetious.

What about VS - VS that only had a badge on the front and the back changed, so that makes this the second smallest as it has 3 different badges and the AFM badge on autos :p

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Those SSV badges are a huge improvement over the old red V in my opinion.

I'd have to see what the car looked like with an AFM badge on it though...too many badges could look a little overdone.

I agree. And the AFM badge looks a tad ghey with that green bit.... looks like it belongs on a Prius or something. :p

PhantomSV6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6
I agree. And the AFM badge looks a tad ghey with that green bit.... looks like it belongs on a Prius or something. :p

lol yeah i don't see it fitting in so nicely on the arse of an LS3 Clubsport.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
What about VS - VS that only had a badge on the front and the back changed, so that makes this the second smallest as it has 3 different badges and the AFM badge on autos :p

Yes, the VS didn't look, very different to the VR, but there were quite a few changes - certainly more than just new badgework. Externally, the VS varied from the VR with the following:

New Holden insignia
Hubcaps/alloy wheel design
Grille design
Colours (I think - some carried over from VR but I think there were some new ones, and some VR ones were dropped)

Internally -

New trim design on each level of trim

The big deal was the introduction of the Ecotech engine. So the VS was a significantly changed model from the VR, even if it didn't look like it.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
VR VS was a model change, not a year update. What changed between a 93 model VR and a 94?

Series 1 to Series 2, sometime early 1994. I don't know much about any mechanical refinements, the only thing I can recall is that they painted the external mirrors and door handles to match the body colour in the lower spec models and maybe changed the cloth trim pattern. Equipment levels were probably slightly increased as that was common with the Series updates.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Series 1 to Series 2, sometime early 1994. I don't know much about any mechanical refinements, the only thing I can recall is that they painted the external mirrors and door handles to match the body colour in the lower spec models and maybe changed the cloth trim pattern. Equipment levels were probably slightly increased as that was common with the Series updates.

Series 2 was 1995 in VR.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina

dont think so as my 95 clubby has black door handles and mirrors, and thats based off an exec

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
dont think so as my 95 clubby has black door handles and mirrors, and thats based off an exec

Yeah you're right.
Visible changes with the VR Series II were: Different cloth trim, Red trim on the boot rather than grey (exec only), Black grill inserts (exec), Series II badges under the front side indicators.