Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New budget motorsport coming to adelaide

Growly

Reaction score
Website
www.growly.com.au
OMG that looks awesome. Does anyone know of something similar in Vic?

Id love the chance to drive a car like that... but cant afford to go proper racing. I know they have these sort of events in Sweden (Top Gear) and would kill to give it a go....

You are in luck. A new club and track has been formed in Victoria and will run the same style of racing. For more info, contact Chris Munn on 0488 067 960 or email [email protected]

Come and try/fun day - Western Victorian Car Club

GMH_VC

vitamin C
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vc Commodore
Hi track looks great is this the same style as a round track or is it a full circut? i live in a town called rushworth vic we have a speedway track that has some pretty big meets over the warmer months.

Growly

Reaction score
Website
www.growly.com.au
Hi track looks great is this the same style as a round track or is it a full circut? i live in a town called rushworth vic we have a speedway track that has some pretty big meets over the warmer months.

The track is a full circuit (approx 700m long. It is set up on the side of a hill and is small in comparison with some other tracks but it flows well. I did some testing in a stock standard falcon and it has some awesome sections, one 90 deg corner going up hill is brilliant because of the natural banking :- Street pressures, 110kph, no braking, just throw it in and the banking does the rest, good fun. It is going to be great to see some 600hp ex -super sedans out there shortly.

Growly

Reaction score
Website
www.growly.com.au
Hello Everyone,

The track is progressing to plan. We will probably hold our first meeting in april /may and currently have approx 50 new cars being built or are ready to race. Also there around 50 cars racing out of adelaide for other clubs so we are looking at big feilds of cars and some very competative racing. Because of dirtcircuits unlimited grades we have some interesting cars in the pipeline ranging from 500hp / 700kg 6.2 L chev powered open wheelers, Ex speedway super sedans, mid mounted steel body torranas & commodores and then your budget racers in the lower classes. We already have JC member "HRT 666" who is building up a tough vk, 308, Turbo 350, 9" combo and will be very competative.
You don't need to spend a fortune to come and have some fun. I have recently started building a XF street stock. The total cost including the price of the car will be $600-$700 dollars. If you have basic mechanical and welding skills you can fit your own cages and material costs are approx $200. Throw in a race seat, harness and fire extinguisher and you are away.

If anyone is keen to become involved / build a car, you can contact me direct on 0447739992. We have a comprehensive rule book ($10), which will give you all the info you need to build a car and compete in a dirt circuit race meeting. Membership is only $30annually and a $10 nomination fee is required per race meeting, which makes it the cheapest form of motorsport in S.A currently.

Hopefully we see a few of you guys out there spectating at our first racemeeting it should be an eye opener for Adelaide motorsport fans.

Cheers
Matt

Here's a few current pictures of the track. We estimate speeds of 140+ kph will be achieved on the 700m circuit.

Photo0163.jpg

Photo0172.jpg

Photo0136.jpg

Photo0155.jpg

Photo0140.jpg

Photo0139.jpg

Photo0141.jpg

Growly

Reaction score
Website
www.growly.com.au
Any of you S.A boys keen to go racing ? The track will be officially open very soon.

Here's a little taste of what you will see hit the track shortly.

DSC00793.jpg

DSC00791.jpg

DSC00790.jpg

DSC00792.jpg

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
i actually saw the track not that long ago, me and a couple of other guys were going through the back (dirt roads and paddocks) way into morgan quarry from the northern suburbs and we wondered what it was for,

looks like great fun mate, might have to start building a car for next season

Growly

Reaction score
Website
www.growly.com.au
TDR'S (Truro & districts raceway) NEXT RACEMEETING - 8TH AUGUST.

Over 30 individual races featuring some of the best professionally & back yard built dirt racers in the state. If you want to compete in affordable organised motor sport this is your chance. Come and check out the action.

Entry :-

Drivers $10
Adults $10
Children free

Annual Club membership :-

Single Adult $30
Family $50

Here's a new promo video for TDR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGP9AFbVmTs

Last edited:

dirtslinger

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
i had the best view in the house been flag marshal up on the top cnr

HRT 666

Cammed 8t-body stroker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubby S2 M6
Great little vid Matt well done to who ever put that together shows how much work you guys have put in to make it all come together.
Its changed alot since I was last out there! Track surface has come up great also well done guys.
Will pop out there on the 8th for a look and say g-day.

DarkEnvy

Bam! and the dirt is gone
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VYII Berlina
cheap way to build up a project car and blow of some steam at the same time, sounds pretty good.