Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new catback exhaust

essveesux

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore SV6 2004
Hey guys, I'm looking for a decent catback for my vz sv6 (looking for a nice grunty/gurgling sound).

I dont have a lot of money, i was going to go through my mate who works at a holden parts distribution place and get a 2.5" for $350, but then i came across this exhaust --> eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d <-- and i have heard good things about this brand.
Only thing is i dont really trust going through ebay.
What do you guys recon, should i trust ebay or go through my mate?

cheers!

SVNDR

Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VXII Exec
if you want to save money and dont mind waiting a few days to get it then get it off ebay, i got a 2.5" redback off ebay for my VX, they are genuine and pretty good quality. and easy as hell to install aswell

essveesux

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore SV6 2004
if you want to save money and dont mind waiting a few days to get it then get it off ebay, i got a 2.5" redback off ebay for my VX, they are genuine and pretty good quality. and easy as hell to install aswell

yer sweet as. does the exhaust sound good? cuz thats main what im going for a decent sound. im going around to some wreckers today to see if there are any cheap ones.

Shooter03

Nek Minnit
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz wagon
I'd go the eBay one mate. The 2.5 on a alloytec does sound pretty sweet, well at least I like mine.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The problem with the alloytec is that it sounds **** with the wrong exhaust, and in my opinion, a single 2 1/2" like the one on Ebay is the wrong exhaust. It will make it louder for sure, but it also makes it higher pitched with a lot of drone and raspiness.

I do a twin 2 1/4" into single 3" thats sounds really nice. Deeper and louder than stock, no drone, no raspy high pitched note. $495 shipped.

Unfortunately, there is no cheap option to make the alloytec sound decent.