Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New hand signals

DANS_S4

DANS S4
Reaction score
Website
www.toptiara.com
Members Ride
AUDI S4!
OK, so I'm finally getting used to the way people are on the roads over here in Aus, but I'm still finding it baffling the number of 'hand signals' people give for no apparent reason.

Instance 1. I'm heading down Marmion Ave road is empty my side apart from me for hundreeds of yards ahead. Guy is waiting to come across my side to turn in, waits, waits some more, then when its just about the most stupid time to go, he pulls across me and his mate in the passenger side gives me the V out of his window. Shame I wasn't going a little faster and smashed the stupid grin off his face.

Instance 2. I'm going down the Mitchell Freeway to Perth and some tard in some old white rustbucket overtakes me on the inside (me being stuck behind a car who is also stuck behind a lorry (or truck as you call em!)). He doesnt keep going (his lane was clear to get past the lorry if thats what he wanted), oh no. He cuts in front of me and slams on his brakes. WTF is that all about? I had my 4 yr old and 2 yr old in the car at the time, or I'd have run right up his arse and then got out and slapped him silly. Lucky for me nobody was immediately behind me. Took his rego and reported him to the police but doubt anything will happen about that one.

Instance 3 (happened this weekend). Going home after a day at the zoo with wife and kids, and a Falcon overtakes me on the inside lane, cuts in front of me then slows down. Left hand land is empty so I jump in that lane and overtake again then pull back over. Get to a set of lights to turn right (red) so stop then this bozo goes sailing past and his mate gives the V and one finger salute out the window.

Is it me or are there just a lot of morons on the roads these days who 1. have no concern for their own or other peoples lives and 2. have the intelligence of an amoeba :bang:

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
Welcome to Australia! Population 25 Million, Number of Tools: 24.9 Million

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
Welcome to Australia! Population 25 Million, Number of Tools: 24.9 Million

Bingo! BTW what's a lorry haha just having a lend of you mate. A lot of people in Australia start their car remove their brain and drive around. Get used to it mate and consider yourself lucky you don't live in India

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
You probably have gotten used to the morons in England ( I assume thats where you are from since you called a truck a lorry ) so when you come over here you have a whole fresh lot of morons to get used to.

metalfossil

Reaction score
just a sympton of the times....I'm betting the world over is just the same. Too stessed, too much of a rush and too bloody stupid.

I drove trams for nearly twenty years and sheesh some of the things I saw would make your short and curlies straight;:)

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
The way people drive here in melbourne, you may as well drive in india.

Melbourne is good compared to other states, try driving round brissy, those people have never heard about "merging"

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
Melbourne is good compared to other states, try driving round brissy, those people have never heard about "merging"

lol no up here they are just rude. I don't mind letting people in but it ****s me when they drive up the shoulder and merge later therefore extending the time you sit in traffic "cause they are TOO BUSY" in their crap life. I always let people in though if they indicate no point being a bastard for the hell of it. I actually saw people being more polite when I lived in Sydney go figure?

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
hey mate, you must be having a hard time getting used to our freeways. i hear over there people don't actually travel in the entry lane (causing you to either have to enter at 70 km/h or 110km/h)

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
sounds like you need to spend more time in the left hand lane... considering most of the issues you mentioned occur when you are in the right hand lane.
keep left unless overtaking. if someone can (and is dumb enough) to take you on the left then is it safe to assume you aren't overtaking?

maybe ive read something wrong but thats the image i get..