Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New HOLDEN 6.0L V8 from 1 Jan 2006!

zacz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Quicksilver Monaro CV8Z M6
Guys

In case you havent heard yet - an article in the SMH today confirms what we have all be wanting to know: WHAT HAPPENS TO GEN III from Jan 1 2006 when EURO 3 comes into play!

It seems Holden are quietly dropping the L76 version of the GEN IV into the Commodore range from Jan 1!

And this is quite an innovative engine! Amongst other things, it has "Displacement On Demand" technology which means that the engine shuts off 4 cylinders when not required for fuel economy!

Check out the article at http://www.drive.com.au/editorial/article.aspx?id=10679

MagwynTheGrimVP

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VP Executive Wagon
wow thats awesome news!!!! quite exciting!
did u read the other article it links to there, apparently its not the LS2 though?

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
Damm... ahh well upgrade your exhaust and cai on your gen 3 and it will be more than the 264kw in the new motor....
at least thats whats keeping me from necking myself :b:

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
SSZ-57L said:
Damm... ahh well upgrade your exhaust and cai on your gen 3 and it will be more than the 264kw in the new motor....
at least thats whats keeping me from necking myself :b:

Think of it this way, you have one of the last of the Gen III powered Commodores. Great news none the less. I like the fact that it has a 7% better fuel economy rating (according to Holden).

Andy :thumbsup:

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
fourstar82 said:
Think of it this way, you have one of the last of the Gen III powered Commodores. Great news none the less. I like the fact that it has a 7% better fuel economy rating (according to Holden).

Andy :thumbsup:

Yeah you are right i spose :)
But i would be really pissed with holden if i got a standard vz ss then missed out on the ssz then the new 6.0L....

rowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
I knew there was a reason the SSZ was made is appealing as it is, Holden has a lot of stock to clear.....

I'm glad I waited :)

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Even if the 6LT is due in Jan2006. Anyone who got a SSZ got one hell of a great deal still;).

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
thats it, the ssv is a sweet package, and there may be possible teething problems for the 6L like any new technology. Will be interesting to see 6Lfuel stats and performance.

steane

Reaction score
Website
www.carupdate.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Maloo 6spd
turtle-power said:
Even if the 6LT is due in Jan2006. Anyone who got a SSZ got one hell of a great deal still;).
Once the new 6LT hits the streets, particularly if it is more economical, you wouldnt want to have gone anywhere near an SSZ. It's resale along with anything else with an LS1 will take a nose dive.
It's been this way since Jesus played fullback for Jerusalem and with high petrol prices and a terrible second hand and new car sales market, it will be even worse.
This isnt just a few more kw's its a whole new far more advanced engine design.