Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New member - VZ Calais

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
you will have to excuse my repetitive questions... BUT, isn't 235 and 245 the width of the tyre... not the height?
I was thinking 19x245x35 or go down to 18x245x40.
Ahh this is waaay to confusing for me. Going to give it to the pro's and tell them what i want, if it looks off, they don't get paid :)

From what i have figured out, I'm going for 18x245x40 with King Lows. So it pretty much sits at std ride height and should drop it just enough to sit with an even (std looking) gap between the tyres and guards.... i think.

Yes you are right the 235/245 are widths but what I was getting at is that 245/35x19 are slightly taller overall than both 235/40x18 or 235/45x17 (all of the 3 sizes are std fitments on VT-VZ HSV's and commodores).
And yes the 245/40x18 is almost the same height as the 245/35x19.

aj1987

05 VZ Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 VZ Calais
Thanks. And as promised, freeeesh photo's. (iPhone quality, but not too bad).

EDIT: Also just checked the suspension, Build plate says STD. No FE1.5 for me :(

Attachments

• IMG_0152.jpg
    IMG_0152.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
look good, other then you have to move the calais badge back to the right spot :p

Also the air freshener on the dash... warning Will Robinson, i'd remove that immediately, i had one leak on my dash and eat the paint on the plastic.

aj1987

05 VZ Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 VZ Calais
thanks for the heads up, the air freshener is gone already tho, as has the dealer sticker on the rear window. As for the Calais badge, not sure what happened there, but wasn't done by me. Maybe a respray, not sure, not fussed either. I kinda like it there.

aj1987

05 VZ Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 VZ Calais
True, but 'some people' don't own the car, I do... :p And as it's individual letters, it can stay, major CBF syndrome with that sort of s**t
It's a real Calais and thats all that counts.

Thanks all for the comments. :)

showxpony

Reaction score
Members Ride
Redline SSV
Thanks. And as promised, freeeesh photo's. (iPhone quality, but not too bad).

EDIT: Also just checked the suspension, Build plate says STD. No FE1.5 for me :(

Mines the same as yours. Came with STD suspension too... It's bullshit suspension haha. Too floaty and rolls a fair amount. But meh, its an easy fix...

You'll love the car though, its a great car to drive. And do me a favour? make sure you keep it clean! Odessey looks REALLY nice when kept clean. Turns to poo when its dirty...

P.s. Take the V6 High output badge off on the sides... makes a world of difference, cleans up the look and makes it looks so much neater! Plus it's free :)

aj1987

05 VZ Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 VZ Calais
Update

Quick update for you all. the stock 6 stacker shite itself yesterday and munched all of my cd's, called the dealer, got me to take it into an audio place. They said $300 to send it away for repair, so I approached the dealer and, after a few hours of calls back and forth, they're giving me a $300 dollar voucher to use at the local Alpine/Clarion/Rockford Fosgate dealer. So, I'm taking the $300 and buying a new Alpine (at this stage, mind isn't quite made up) unit, with adapter for the steering wheel controls.

Yet another pain in the arse fault with the car, first seat motor, centre console, drivers side door vent, cd player. However, now that these few things have been addressed.... it's overall condition is slowly improving.

danieLOL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
So, I'm taking the $300 and buying a new Alpine (at this stage, mind isn't quite made up) unit, with adapter for the steering wheel controls.

you'll find 300 wont get you a headunit and the steering wheel controls adaptor, the adaptor itself is like 200, i wanted it for mine but didnt have the $ when i did my system install ):