Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Moderator

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
I think I can out lame fame you

I got my mug in the local paper as a kid for a reading program.

My momo steering wheel appeared in a movie and was used by Zac Effron - does that count?

The last paragraph definitely counts!

Reactions: Lex

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
Did the Camiras wear out that fast?

:cool:
actually .. despite their rep (yeah paint could be **** and assembly so so) the answer is NO

got 2 on family purchase at GMH and my middle brother kept his and kept it and kept it ...
went round Australia 3 times towing a pop top caravan
and
kept it and kept it
and 15 years after he got it from GMH, with over 550,000 kms
.... it stopped in the middle of canterbury rd Mitcham (Melbournites will know where this is)

the carby throttle shaft had worn and worn and worn turned a million times and at that
set of lights as he pressed the accel pedal, the throttle shaft connecter broke the throttle

it was a JB 1.6litre manual wagon and he thought he might upgrade, he got $3000 on a trade-in
on a 2yo dealer used Toyota corolla. He still has that...

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
actually .. despite their rep (yeah paint could be **** and assembly so so) the answer is NO

got 2 on family purchase at GMH and my middle brother kept his and kept it and kept it ...
and
kept it and kept it
.... it stopped in the middle of canterbury rd Mitcham (Melbournites will know where this is)

the carby throttle shaft had worn and worn and worn turned a million times and at that
set of lights as he pressed the accel pedal, the throttle shaft connecter broke the throttle

it was a JB 1.6litre manual wagon and he thought I might upgrade, he got $3000 on a trade-in

Did your mother hate it ?

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega

and
kept it and kept it

it was a JB 1.6litre manual wagon and he thought I might upgrade, he got $3000 on a trade-in
It's very rare for any car to go for that long, let alone a Camira (especially when they had a bad reputation)... I guess it's just luck, as I've seen some of the Korean Holden's get to pretty high mileage, despite their garbage reputation... Whether they have the original driveline or not is a different story...

Last edited:

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Welcome and Good Luck @Smitty !

Can you bring Monstar back ?
Unfortunately Mr Smith is not doctor Frankenstein.

1687372030907.png

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
Did your mother hate it ?
haha.. actually no...!

said I got TWO on employee purchase, my brother got one.. my father got the other one :)

JB SLx sedan auto and he and Mum used for the weekly grocery run and interstate trips to FNQ
to visit my aunt (my father's sister) in Cairns. Had it until Holden released the TS Astra and traded
it on one of those.. never had a problem with it.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
The last paragraph definitely counts!
I still havent watched the movie :D
my friend does cars for movies and TV commercials etc, so they are always looking for things. They needed a crapped out momo, for this one and I had one - perfect!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Hey @Smitty I just sent one your way, haha.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
It's very rare for any car to go for that long, let alone a Camera (especially when they had a bad reputation)... I guess it's just luck, as I've seen some of the Korean Holden's get to pretty high mileage, despite their garbage reputation... Whether they have the original driveline or not is a different story...
really depends....
I have a mate who runs (ran actually until he retired sold the business 2 3 years ago) a limo hire company ( as in weddings, airport runs etc)
and he pretty much ran long wheel base Holden / HSV vehciles in his fleet .. 7-8 from memory. His own car (he drove too)
was always top of the range and the last one...one of the last HSV Granges built did just under 600,000 kms in the 3 years he had it.
Had the original engine, trans and diff in it too...

Problems.. zilch! Service it very 10,000 km (none of this annual or 15,000km crap) and replace brakes and tyres when needed.
Think the suspension (normal stuf plus bushes) got done at 300-350,000 (Granges are not light)
So yeah it depends..