Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New setup advice before i buy

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Like in the other thread where you just want to argue.. start a new thread buddy... this aint the place

DJ_Cosmic_Fire

smarter not harder
Reaction score
Website
www.house-mixes.com
Members Ride
VP S-Pack Oct '91 - VT SrsII Wagon
Sound deaden rear doors (regardless of rear speakers. floor, parcel shelf and under backseat.

^ Yep to all that esp under the rear seat & boot is a major reso spot due to exhaust mainly, I've even done the entire roof - makes a huge difference for quality tunes

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
:blah blah:

It's not an opinion in this case, it's personal experience... I've actually heard the difference in 3 of my cars. You can't argue what someone else has heard :rolleyes:

I'll admit that sound deadening sheets primary role is not to reduce external noise transfer and it's definitely far from the best product for that result. But it does reduce some noise.

After deadening the floor of one of my cars I wouldn't deaden my floors again, I'd just put a layer of a sound absorbent or sound blocking product designed to that task over the standard adhesive deadener on the floors.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
We use the same stuff under the carpet purely and simply as it's the customer money instead of having two half used packs of something for very little difference. As I said earlier, there is definetly dedicated products for it, but rubber butyl products work ok also.

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
I smell a dirty troll lurking around... This fool has obviously been told at one point in his life by a "mate" that sound deadender is "anti rattle and vibration pads" or similar and is sticking with it.

This is NOT the case.

Straight from the dynamat website:

What is Dynamat?
Dynamat is a thin, flexible, easy to cut and mold sheet that actually stops noise causing resonance and vibration, by using visco-elastic qualities that promote vibro-acoustic energy conversion. In short, that means noise becomes silent energy.

How much will Dynamat quiet my car?
Even a small amount of Dynamat can cause a profound noise reduction. For example, applying Dynamat to the doors of your vehicle can reduce road noise from 3-6dB!. Complete coverage of an average vehicle can reduce road noise 9, 12 even as much as 18dB.

ETC ETC

Like we have told you over and over mate. Dynamat is used to stop panels in your car resonating, blocking road noise from entering, and stopping audio frequencies LEAVING the car. A by product of this is that your panels are THICKER and VIBRATE LESS (meaning less rattles)

I'll give you an example

We are saying:
You use petrol in your car amongst other things. It is used as a combustible fuel to get your engine running

You are saying:
Wrong :blah blah: that's not what fuel is for. Fuel is for creating smoke out of an exhaust.

What you are using dynamat for is a valid use, but not what it is designed for. Take your poor, ignorant attitude elsewhere. We don't need it here.

jasong337

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6
anyone got an opinion on the component amp and sub selection??

AmmoJammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon
I smell a dirty troll lurking around... This fool has obviously been told at one point in his life by a "mate" that sound deadender is "anti rattle and vibration pads" or similar and is sticking with it.

This is NOT the case.

Straight from the dynamat website:

What is Dynamat?
Dynamat is a thin, flexible, easy to cut and mold sheet that actually stops noise causing resonance and vibration, by using visco-elastic qualities that promote vibro-acoustic energy conversion. In short, that means noise becomes silent energy.

How much will Dynamat quiet my car?
Even a small amount of Dynamat can cause a profound noise reduction. For example, applying Dynamat to the doors of your vehicle can reduce road noise from 3-6dB!. Complete coverage of an average vehicle can reduce road noise 9, 12 even as much as 18dB.

ETC ETC

Like we have told you over and over mate. Dynamat is used to stop panels in your car resonating, blocking road noise from entering, and stopping audio frequencies LEAVING the car. A by product of this is that your panels are THICKER and VIBRATE LESS (meaning less rattles)

I'll give you an example

We are saying:
You use petrol in your car amongst other things. It is used as a combustible fuel to get your engine running

You are saying:
Wrong :blah blah: that's not what fuel is for. Fuel is for creating smoke out of an exhaust.

What you are using dynamat for is a valid use, but not what it is designed for. Take your poor, ignorant attitude elsewhere. We don't need it here.

:rofl2: lol, you mean a manufacturer giving misleading information?

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
Everyone is always going to have different opinions on sound deadening. It is a never ending argument.

But check this out, it is a fact with most deadeners obviously not the cheap sht on eBay. Just watch from 1:25.

Last edited by a moderator:

AmmoJammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon
Everyone is always going to have different opinions on sound deadening. It is a never ending argument.

But check this out, it is a fact with most deadeners obviously not the cheap sht on eBay. Just watch from 1:25.

I'm not even sure what side of the argument you're trying to argue? but the video does show how deadener does what its meant to do... deaden resonances... its not an acoustic barrier.

Last edited by a moderator: