Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New SV6 Colours

Torana

Young Einstein
Reaction score
Website
holdenworld.tt.cx
Members Ride
KE Laser Ghia 1.6 Carbie M5
Damn. Is there any way you could mix some paint up and spray some paper then take it home?

shammo99

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 VZ
oswald900 said:
Ordered the car and should get it late this week.

VZ SV6 Turismo Manual MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Got it yet? Sweet ride!

oswald900

Reaction score
No not yet :(

Dealer is getting it Thurs and they reckon it will be ready to be picked up either late Fri or Sat.

Glad the weather is fining up in Adelaide so we can take it for a nice drive.

Let you guy's know when we get it and if we take some pics i'll post them

shammo99

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 VZ
oswald900 said:
No not yet :(

Dealer is getting it Thurs and they reckon it will be ready to be picked up either late Fri or Sat.

Glad the weather is fining up in Adelaide so we can take it for a nice drive.

Let you guy's know when we get it and if we take some pics i'll post them

Good luck with it... I had 3 false starts with mine arriving... after the 2nd phone call that its been sitting in the yard for a week with no customs put on, i got a little peeved... Documentation was incorrect at the dealer end..

It ended up coming a week after it was promised and i'm still waiting for rear parking sensors... I told them not to worry and just get it to me and we'll do the senso's later... Glad i did cause i'm enjoyin it...

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Just checked out this thread - damn, that new blue is NICE!!

I picked my SV6 up around mid feb this year - was almost going the Impulse blue, but thought it too close to the Ford blue! :p Settled on Heron (white) as was my VT2 S before.

Incidentally, I went the 6 speed. I'm a little along the lines of Stormrider here regards the 5 speed auto - maybe a little gimmicky, but nice all the same. What I have heard is that the auto is great around the hilly bits though, whereas the 6 slotter keeps you a little busy. Such a lovely slick box though, and I found the trouble with selecting reverse goes away after things loosen up a bit. (mine was tight for the first couple months, but is much better now. Almost 10000 on it.)

Does anyone else though find first gear a bit too low though?? The engine is so smooth compared to the Ecotec at revs that you don't realise how quick the tacho needle is lifting 'til you glance down!

Cheerz!

oswald900

Reaction score
I'm hoping we will get it for the weekend.

The Dealer has lent us a loan car as the VX got picked up last night and we don't have a car now.

I'm hoping that since they have given us a loan car that the SV6 will b on time.Guess time will tell.

Where about's did you get the blue dash ?

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8

MySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SV6
oswald900 said:
The Dealer has lent us a loan car as the VX got picked up last night and we don't have a car now.

Great stuff. A loan car is really handy while you wait, and helps them get your car as quick as possible.

oswald900 said:
Where about's did you get the blue dash?

Cool aint it lol. I have some great pics of the old dash & will post before & after pics (As well as a few overall pics of it getting done). The actual closeups will be given to Phreddy for his FAQ guide (And no I wont post them for ppl to do it themselves - it's phreddy's excellent work going into it, and he deserves the pics for his guide so he can properly design if for people that want to do it themselves lol)

MySV6

oswald900

Reaction score
Well no word from the Dealer today so it looks like no SV6 for the weekend just as the weather is fining up for a nice drive in the hills. :b:

Thought about ringing them but no point cause if they don't have then they dont have it.

Here's hoping next weekend will be nice for a drive then.