Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new system

Simonn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S pack m5
ohok thanks. Well im not doing to be getting all this stuff for a few weeks so iv got some time to think things though

2LOUD2OLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
you are really going to be pushing it with only $500 for splits, 4 chan amp and a sub

also remember you need a box for the sub. have you factored this into your budget? DIY is certainly the best and cheapest way to go as far as sub boxes are concerned.

for a nice sounding set of splits on the cheap I would recomend Digital Designs, you can get their DD C6.5 splits for $172 from Digital Designs Audio Direct - Get a bangin system in your ride!

for an amp you are really going to want something aropund 4x100WRMS as something with only 40WRMS per channel is only going to give you about 160W to run the sub where as 100WRMS per channels will give you around 400W for the sub which gives you a lot more options.
could go something like this Ryda Car Audio - Clarion Car Audio APX4360 4 Channel Amplifier($329.95)
another option would be jaycar Response Car Amp 4x100WRMS - Jaycar Electronics

then I would go for Pioneer TS-W307D2 for the sub, should be able to get one for around $100
whatever sub you get make sure it is either dual 2ohm coils or single 4ohm coil so you can wire it up for 4 ohms

sure this setup would slightly go over your limit (about $600 not including wiring or box) but it is probably about the bare minimum I would go and should sound pretty good.

Simonn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S pack m5
thanks for your help. ill buy the stuff for the install in a few weeks time.

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
+1 on 2LOUD2OLD's suggestion. Pretty much exactly what I'd have recommended.

Simonn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S pack m5
just a qucik question my mate was saying something about not being able to tune the sub via the sub control on the headunit due to the fact that it will affect all speakers and vice vera for the speaker adjustment via the headunit will affect sub and he also recons that there is only limited adjustment that you can do via the amp and most of it is usally done via the headunit. Is this true would I be able to properly tune my sound system?

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
He'd be right, but it's nothing to worry about as about 90% of your tuning comes from setting the gains on your amp anyway.

2LOUD2OLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
plus if your HU only has one set of RCAs it probably doesnt have subwoofer control

Simonn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S pack m5
yeah I think your right, When looking for an amp Should I be asking if its got independent HPF LPF adjustments for each channel? went to jbhi today and they had some 4ch amp with amp1 and amp2 adjustments on them is this what I need?

Last edited:

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I'm not 100% on what you mean by amp1 and amp2. But when buying the 4-channel amp at least make sure that channels 1+2 have a HPF and that channels 3+4 have a LPF.