Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New tyres for a '01 VX Commodore S

NoName

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VX S
Got the two RE002's on. No labor costs involved, so just $360 for both rear tyres. I love them. All tyres at around 35PSI. The road feels so smooth and quiet! Going over bumps no longer feels rough and I don't feel like the car is slipping over the road. I've tried at low (city and suburban streets) and high speeds (freeways). Done fast u-turns and it just goes, no sliding nothing. It's awesome. Now I just need to change my rear shocks to Monroe's as one of them is a bit loose/faulty then the car will feel like new again!
Cheers for all the advice everyone! Great help!

Carl Blance

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VX 2001
Told ya :) maybe put some nitro in them, its worth it in the long run. If it was just shitty tyres then I wouldn't bother.

NoName

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VX S
Told ya :) maybe put some nitro in them, its worth it in the long run. If it was just shitty tyres then I wouldn't bother.

Nitro? Sorry not sure what that is... do you mean nitrous oxide? If so, why would you do that over normal air?

Last edited:

Carl Blance

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VX 2001
Nitro? Sorry not sure what that is... do you mean nitrous oxide? If so, why would you do that over normal air?

Yes most larger tyre companys supply it, its like a thick kind of air really. So your tyres wont go down as fast for one, reduce fuel costs a little, longer life on tyres, and you can refill at the same place for free. (ask though if its free to refill after a month or so bridgestone should do it and if they say no try saying nz bridgestone does lol).

som

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
I have 235/45/17's on my Exec and previously I'd run Dunlop SP Fast Response which I thought were pretty good. Don't everyone laugh at once but last year I fitted a set of "HiFly 805's".Ridiculous name but....in a word ...great!!! The Dunlops cost me $250 each and I was thrilled when I managed 50,000km from such good tyres.The HiFlys have done 25,000km,are grippier,better in the wet and give me the best ride I've ever had in the car, which has served me well for 467,000km.I reckon that I'll easily get another 10,0000km from the HiFlys and at$114 each I'll be putting on another set without hesitating. As was pointed out to me..just as many years ago we looked at Japanese tyres without confidence,we now look at Chinese tyres the same way.Granted,some of them are garbage but I believe that I've stumbled on a gem.Good luck