Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New VY S Wheels fitment

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
Thanks for all the assistance guys,

2867189522_04d709ddac.jpg

Here are the after shots

2867184438_87af1a2772.jpg

2866349267_546d7f7fbc.jpg

Last shot is it all done checking tire pressure at the servo.

2867177218_6beda8ae91.jpg

Will keep you update on the next few mods, I am going to fit the CAI today, it looks like the aire box has to be modified and the inlet inlargened for the cai to fit in. Is this usual?

Thanks,

WOW, how does it go on the water? i bet you could sail round the world on it!

i suggest some lowered springs next :p

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Depends on the style of the wheel. Also what's to stop **** getting in there when you pull the wheels off?
How often do you take the wheels off? What do you mean depends on the style of wheel? Find me a rim, holden or aftermarket, with an exposed bearing.

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
I was talking more about spacers and aftermarket rims, plus I've fitted some dodgy fkn thailand 19s or some **** that didn't sit 100% flush with the hub (sat flush around the wheel studs but gaps in between) so yeah they do exist although they really shouldn't.

And regardless how many times your wheels are off (which mine are quite regularly) there's an opportunity to get **** in there

Didn't mean to start an argument mate, you seem to do this a lot. Just a thought.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
I was talking more about spacers and aftermarket rims, plus I've fitted some dodgy fkn thailand 19s or some **** that didn't sit 100% flush with the hub (sat flush around the wheel studs but gaps in between) so yeah they do exist although they really shouldn't.

And regardless how many times your wheels are off (which mine are quite regularly) there's an opportunity to get **** in there

Didn't mean to start an argument mate, you seem to do this a lot. Just a thought.

R u talkin about those center hub locators that nearly most after maker rims dont supply u with? with out those ud get dirt in there 4 sure and u'll also get bad vibrations.

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
Yep they're the ones.. Called central locators or something like that. Pretty much just a little ring of metal to match the rim to the hub so it doesn't wobble around while you do the nuts up.

WisdomFist

I got moves I never use !
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive Wagon
Put VZ 16" wheels on mine - dust caps bent the wheel centre caps a bit and they're tight but they fit. I concur with savage1987 that you HAVE to leave the bearing dust caps on, it's a safety issue to keep the wheel bearings protected.

Hey,

yeah the dust caps did bend a fair bit, it was a bit hairy at the time lol, hearing the paint slowly crack little by little, but it held together.

I don't know why you anyone would take the dust caps off. They are there for a reason and should be left on. Modifications are not worth doing unless they are done right!

WisdomFist

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive Wagon
WOW, how does it go on the water? i bet you could sail round the world on it!

i suggest some lowered springs next :p

Hey,

I think somewhere earlier in the thread i was talking about lowering the car. But I don't think I will.

I have had a few cars in my time. Some of the lowered as my ute is now, it does look good on some cars. But on the commodore I do not see the point apart from some cosmetic reasons. handling...ok maybe but who races a vn wagon? please do not answer that.

In the end lowering it will prob just make it look a little closer to a Logan basher special and draw the unwanted attention of the Police. But i can't decide if that is what i really want>

really clean and stock looking is the way to go imo.

WisdomFist

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive Wagon
Cheers Mate good idea, will do!

Thanks

VNHeartache

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Exec S2
The dust cap I'm talking about is the one that keeps the grease in the wheel bearings and the dirt out of the wheel bearings, it's part of the disc rotor assembly. It HAS to stay on regardless of what centre cap is on what rims. Most wheel rims will fit over them without their centre dress caps (obviously not all as savage1978 found out) but you can't substitute the wheel rim dress caps for the bearing dust caps no matter how often you take the wheels off (of course that's only the ADR's, you can do what you like if you can live with the risks and consequences):)