Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nfl

twogirlsdad

Waiting for my summer.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 Commodore/Pontiac G8 GT Sold. '17 Chevy SS
Hard to give a pounding if you're taking one. :p

Life long Bears fan here. Mr Cutler is getting some new meat up front to protect him this season so he'll have no excuse if HE fails to perform.
Video: Jay Cutler yells at Bears LT J'Marcus Webb - NFL.com
Mr Cutler could learn a lot from Jim McMahon, the Bears QB in the '80's. He hung out with his offensive linemen and thanked them for great plays.
Then again maybe Jay's protectors are more interested in what they're smoking...
Bears OL Webb arrested on drug charges

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Greg Jennings jumped ship this morning and signed a 5-year 47.5mil contract with the Vikings. Overpayed? some would think so...

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
Greg Jennings jumped ship this morning and signed a 5-year 47.5mil contract with the Vikings. Overpayed? some would think so...

Jennings got less than the 10 mil a year the packers were offering at the start of FA. But the money dried up when other receivers took lesser deals.

If you want to see a total balls up, read the stuff about Elvis Dumervil and his contract situation. Now the Pats may be in the hunt for him, though he says he wants to stay a Bronco.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Getting amped for the draft, who does everyone think the chiefs will take with their first pick and where will Geno Smith and Manti Te'o end up? Have heard reports that both the Raiders and the Bills have interest in Smith (I daresay if the bills dont get him they will have to draft Nassib or look elsewhere) and both the Colts and the Ravens are favourites for Te'o.

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
Only a month till the draft and the only thing to look forward too in NFL related stuff.

For the Chiefs they will probably go a tackle. Joeckel or Fisher.

Geno Smith to the Raiders. If not, Eagles, Browns, Cards and Bills all need QBs. EJ Manuel and Glennon are the two QBs that may sneak into the bottom of round 1 for me.

No idea where Te'o ends up. His pro day (in two days) will determine where he gets selected, based really on his 40. If he runs 4.6 top 15, lower than that bottom end of the first. Colts, Ravens, Packers, Steelers and Broncos could all take him at the bottom of the first. Same with Minter and Ogletree.

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
Now just over 20 days to the draft. So who do you think is going where?

Anyone have a favourite prospect?

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
I checked the mock draft on nfl.com a few days ago and they had the chiefs picking star lotuleiei over joeckel... or fisher for that matter.

Sharrif Floyd is the new favourite for the raiders although I could still see Geno Smith heading there - Although there is no doubt the bills need a good QB.

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
I don't see the Chiefs picking Lotuleiei over a LT. Also because Lotuleiei doesn't fit their defence scheme and had the heart issue identified at the combine. He would be lucky to go in the top 10.

Floyd or Smith for the Raiders. If they don't go QB it will be the best defensive player which is Floyd. There are always a lot of QB needy teams but this is a poor draft for QBs. If a team needed a QB they should have gotten one last year.

Here are my picks for the top 10.

1. Luke Joeckel 2. Eric Fischer 3. Sharrif Floyd 4. Dion Jordan 5. Dee Milliner 6. Geno Smith 7. Lane Johnson 8. E.J Manuel 9. Ziggy Anash 10. Jonathan Copper

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Yeah thats pretty solid although I think the jaguars will take Dion Jordan

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
Yeah thats pretty solid although I think the jaguars will take Dion Jordan

I think the Jaguars will be the surprise team. I am not disagreeing that Jordan would be the pick. My thinking was that Jordan is a little small as a 4-3 DE and the Jaguars have spent a ton of first round picks on defensive lineman. Add to that Eugene Monroe is coming off contract I thought a tackle would upgrade their terrible line. Fix two positions with one player. Play Fischer at LT and move Monroe over to RT. This is a solid move for the Jaguars since it would protect their QB Gabbert better, which they need to do.