Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nfl

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Big NFL fan and long time follower of the Broncos. Still playing and have for a long time. Got a chance to play against Jesse Williams when he was younger too.

Also I am loving the Welker signing.

And i assume smaller... He is an absolute animal now...

Meh, Welker walking out on us over the sake of an extra $1mil a season shows his heart wasnt in it. The signing of the younger Danny Amendola to fill the gap the Welker will leave is a great step in the right direction, Amendola is very similar to Welker in playing style and 4 years younger. Hopefully the Patriots do the smart thing now and resign Seb Vollmer and Aqib Talib as the Patriots defence is what is letting us down.

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
And i assume smaller... He is an absolute animal now...

Meh, Welker walking out on us over the sake of an extra $1mil a season shows his heart wasnt in it. The signing of the younger Danny Amendola to fill the gap the Welker will leave is a great step in the right direction, Amendola is very similar to Welker in playing style and 4 years younger. Hopefully the Patriots do the smart thing now and resign Seb Vollmer and Aqib Talib as the Patriots defence is what is letting us down.

Haha yep, back when he was 16 and only 6'2 and 110 kgs. That was at the time he was scouted by Hawaii.

Seems Welker turned down a bigger deal with incentives from another AFC team but they weren't going to be top contenders like the Broncos and Pats. Amendola is a solid signing for the Pats and like you said a similar player to Welker. But in 4 years he has only had one good season and dealt with a lot of injuries. We will see if in the 'system' like Welker he can produce.

It was interesting to see how low contracts are for players compared to previous years. Teams aren't over paying as much as they have in the past. Day three of FA will continue to be very intriguing.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Haha yep, back when he was 16 and only 6'2 and 110 kgs. That was at the time he was scouted by Hawaii.

Seems Welker turned down a bigger deal with incentives from another AFC team but they weren't going to be top contenders like the Broncos and Pats. Amendola is a solid signing for the Pats and like you said a similar player to Welker. But in 4 years he has only had one good season and dealt with a lot of injuries. We will see if in the 'system' like Welker he can produce.

It was interesting to see how low contracts are for players compared to previous years. Teams aren't over paying as much as they have in the past. Day three of FA will continue to be very intriguing.

Danny with benefit a lot from getting passes from an elite QB and not from a noodle arm... plus he is a lot younger and the Pats have him for 6 years. I bet the Chargers are kicking themselves now for overlooking Welker and cutting him...

Umm teams arent overpaying much? Any team thats going to pay $120mil for a QB thats a complete noodle arm, ring or no ring, is overpaying... the Ravens will be a different team without Ray Lewis and I hope they draft someone like Manti Te'o to fill the hole that he will leave. For the record Flacco is on nearly double what Aaron Rodgers is on at the moment.

Edit: The 'Fins have also overpayed on all their new players as well. Im surprized they didnt break their balls to resign Reggie Bush after he was the only shimmering light they had last season. liking the look of the new look Lions but surely they will underperform as always even if they are a team brimming with superstars.

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
Danny with benefit a lot from getting passes from an elite QB and not from a noodle arm... plus he is a lot younger and the Pats have him for 6 years. I bet the Chargers are kicking themselves now for overlooking Welker and cutting him...

Umm teams arent overpaying much? Any team thats going to pay $120mil for a QB thats a complete noodle arm, ring or no ring, is overpaying... the Ravens will be a different team without Ray Lewis and I hope they draft someone like Manti Te'o to fill the hole that he will leave. For the record Flacco is on nearly double what Aaron Rodgers is on at the moment.

Edit: The 'Fins have also overpayed on all their new players as well. Im surprized they didnt break their balls to resign Reggie Bush after he was the only shimmering light they had last season. liking the look of the new look Lions but surely they will underperform as always even if they are a team brimming with superstars.

I hope for your sake Danny does. I am more worried about him going across the middle from the slot where he is likely to get blown up. And with his injury past it would be a concern.

Expect maybe the Ravens. That deal for Flacco was over the top and as such they are dumping all their aging vets. Next year they will only have two players over 30. As for Ray Lewis I think Ed Reed will be harder to replace. Lewis gets all the media attention but Ed Reed was the heart and soul of that team. Rodgers deal is up soon so he will get paid as much if not more than Flacco but that is the case with QBs.

When I said ‘not over paying’ I was thinking almost all other positions other than QB. DEs have got nothing compared to previous years. Take Kruger and Cliff Avril, the top two DEs in FA. Both got 8 mil or less a year. Usually these guys get 10+. Same thing is happening with Tackles, Corners and Receivers. I just found that interesting.

The 'Fins problem, two words. Jeff Ireland. As for the Lions, they are full of superstars but still don't have an offensive line, see Bears for how that works out haha.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Yeah but Jay Cutlers new fiancée is ridiculous haha who needs a good offensive line

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
.....who needs a good offensive line

Any team that wants to win. QBs might get the glory and the $$$ but no decent O Line and they will be mince meat.

Nevin

Seedy Customs
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Clubsport
Cowboys fan.... Jay Ratlif is a baws! love Terence Newman playing corner, and i have to say i enjoyed the Romo - Austin combo last season.

What's thoughts on QB's like RG111 making their way into the game more. I have to say i like seeing plays deigned for a QB run.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Any team that wants to win. QBs might get the glory and the $$$ but no decent O Line and they will be mince meat.

It was more of a joke. Surprised no mention of the eagles

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
Yeah but Jay Cutlers new fiancée is ridiculous haha who needs a good offensive line

Hard to give a pounding if you're taking one. :p

Cowboys fan.... Jay Ratlif is a baws! love Terence Newman playing corner, and i have to say i enjoyed the Romo - Austin combo last season.

What's thoughts on QB's like RG111 making their way into the game more. I have to say i like seeing plays deigned for a QB run.

Just the development of the league from the college players available. I think the read-option is here to stay but QB runs will happen less and less as injuries happen to star players like RG3. But I like it. One of my favourite plays from last year is Kaepernick out running the Packers D.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo

Anythings got to be better then Tony Romo, at least you cant throw interceptions where you are running the pigskin :p