Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nick’s Red VZ SS, Manual, Red Leather

Mate44

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
Hi guys, after owning a green, auto, EF XR6 for about 10 years now, I thought it was time for a change (although I still love my XR6 and will find it hard to ever sell it being my first car!) Yeah, I’m weird, I like Ford and Holden! Haha

I’ve always wanted a red, manual V8. Really wanted a Monaro CV8 with red leather and spent a few months looking, but a good one (under 150,000km and well looked after) was going to be $26,000 plus. I stumbled across Matt’s thread and just thought it looked as good as a Monaro with it lowered, Supersport rims, red leather and spoiler removed.
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...persports-leather-phreddy-dash-much-more.html

Anyway, pretty quickly came across this VZ SS with all the things I wanted, had only done 127,000km and was immaculate! At over $12,000 cheaper than the Monaros I’d been looking it at, I could do a few mods and still be way ahead.

Name: Nick
Model: 2005 VZ SS
Colour: Red
Interior: Red Leather
Engine Type: LS1
Transmission: 6 speed manual

Modifications
It came with tinted windows, single 3 inch cat back with twin tip, K&N high flow air filter

Future mods I plan to do.
Lower
Remove spoiler after I get a new 3rd brake light for the rear window
Rims – VE SSV’s or VE Supersports
Ripshift
Extractors
OTR intake and Maffless tune

Last edited:

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
Tasty! Didn't think u could get red seats in a red SS! Very cool.

Some interior pics would go down nicely man.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Senator829

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 HSV Senator & 2012 RG Colorado LTZ
Very nice mate, my first v8 was a vz ss and still miss it

Mate44

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
Thanks guys, will get some interior pics up soon. It obviously is in desperate need of some lower springs, I reckon it looks higher than stock! Haha. Maybe I’m just used to looking at all the cars on here. I believe the standard SS springs - FE2’s are the same as lows? So will probably go for Superlows. But I’m guessing different bands of springs are slightly different, because I’ve seen cars on here with superlows and they look the same as other cars with ultras…

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
Nice mate!

Did you cut the hole for the rad cap in the shroud or do they come out like that?
I reckon the car looks perfect, just drop it a few inches and it'll look even better!

Great pickup, will be watching this space

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

Mate44

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
Thanks mate, yeah it's in great condition!
That's how it was when I bought it, think there's meant to be a flap over the hole, but mine is just missing.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
yep,there should be a removable plastic cover on there,but most are gone these days as the plastic becomes brittle and the clips break,they can be replaced however if you go otr you more than likely won't need it

Mate44

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
yep,there should be a removable plastic cover on there,but most are gone these days as the plastic becomes brittle and the clips break,they can be replaced however if you go otr you more than likely won't need it

Cheers, thought that might have been the case.

Mate44

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
A few quick interior shots. I’ve never taken interior shots before, it’s not that easy, especially with just an Iphone…