Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nick’s Red VZ SS, Manual, Red Leather

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
yeah leave the badge on I reckon,makes it look even imo,what I did with the plate surrounds was sand the dealer crap off and sprayed with some matt black just to keep the clean look,

Mate44

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
yeah leave the badge on I reckon,makes it look even imo,what I did with the plate surrounds was sand the dealer crap off and sprayed with some matt black just to keep the clean look,

Yeah, was actually thinking about doing something like that.

Mate44

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
Looking at getting some Champagne gold VT GTS rims if I can get some at a good price. What do you guys think? Anyone got any pictures of them on a red VY or VZ?

Last edited:

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
I personally wouldn't but its your choice so give it a try,may want to photoshop some on first-its your choice regardless mate

Mate44

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
Yeah, would want to see an example of what it’d look like first. I reckon they are a great looking wheel and think I could get them fairly cheap, but wouldn’t mind going 19s or even 20s, I do like SSV’s or Supersports. Does anyone know if it’s legal or not to get VE wheels machined to fit Pre VE commodores in Victoria?

Mate44

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
So went to Pedders and was quoted $690 for just new Pedders springs fitted and wheels aligned. They said it would drop it about 30 to 35mm and would be lowest legal and wouldn’t need new shocks only dropping it that much. Went to Tyre Power and they said the same, but only $440, although forgot to ask if that included a wheel alignment as well.
Think I’d rather Pedders to do it just because that’s what they do, so would trust them more to do a better job, but only if they can match Tyre Powers quote.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
from experience I highly doubt they will match it but give it a try,i believe the wheels would be legal as long as they are machined correctly however you would need to check with vicroads,the biggest problem with aftermarket wheels etc is when a spacer is used which is illegal as far as I am aware,i wouldn't 100% trust pedders either imo

Mate44

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
Gave the SS a good wash, so had to take a few pictures of course.

Last edited:

Mate44

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
Tyre Powers quote was without a wheel alignment, went back to Pedders and they came down to $580 with wheel alignment included. So will be getting it done soon. #