Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nicks Black VZ SV6

nickkjay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
this thing needs these on it to finish off that rear end

http://www.bestmufflers.com/bshop/images/lpt107.jpg

if you go to a local performance shop you should be able to pick em up for free, they usually chuck these out in the scrap bins coming off ve's and vf commos, theyd look great on this rather than that oval shaped tip

Just my opinion anyways haha, its your car

Yeah I completely agree with you. Its definitly something Im going to get done soon. I found cheap ss twin tips but do you know if they are weld on or bolt on for the muffler, I cant be bothered going to look lol!

The oval needs to go!

nickkjay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Yeah I learnt that today. Spent ages washing it last night. Took it out for a drive today, came home and its covered in dust!!

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
Yeah I completely agree with you. Its definitly something Im going to get done soon. I found cheap ss twin tips but do you know if they are weld on or bolt on for the muffler, I cant be bothered going to look lol!

The oval needs to go!

They are weld on, youll have to cut it off the muffler of a ve/vf and cut your oval off and then weld it on

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

nickkjay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Might have to look into it. How much would it cost roughly to have then welded do you know?

nickkjay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Little bit of an update since last week. My Monroe shocks arrived with SL front springs and SSL rear spring. Im just waiting to get my K-Mac camber kit installed before I lower it and ruin my tyres.
Im having my bonnet mould painted this week along with my fluted guards, also going to have each guard rolled so there is no issues when it goes lower!

I was so sick of looking at my faded grey trim on the exterior of the car, so I went and bought a bottle of Meguiars Gold Class Trim Detailer and I was impressed.
Although it wasn't needed I decided to wash the plastic trim with wax and grease remover and gave it a light sand with 1200 grit sandpaper. Then I used the Trim Detailer and it came up a
treat. The first picture shows how bad it was, the second photo is half of the strip done and you can see the difference. Im going to do the rest of the trim ontop of the roof and the diffuser as soon as I figure how to get it off!!

I also painter my calipers, was sick of having big nice wheels and rusty silver calipers showing. Came up pretty good, now I just need new rotors and pads. I ordered a full set of black brake rotors last night but it will still be a couple of weeks before I can afford to have them put on. Also have a set of braided brake lines laying around aswell so those will go in at the same time. And I finaly got wheel nut covers
to finish it all off! Bad photo of the painted caliper lol!