Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No heat from HVAC - I've tried everything!

TumTum

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6 Ute, 2001 VXII Berlina Sed
I'm not getting any hot air out of my heater in my VE SV6 Ute. I did have the No Limits guys modify my HVAC to work with an SSV head unit, but it's worked fine for ages (had it done very early this year). It's only just the last few days it's given out on me.

Here's what I've done/tried/observed:

HVAC doors sound like they're working normally and air does come out of the right vent(s) when I change settings (face/feet etc). Reset the doors by holding down rear defog button - did this twice, no change.

Pulled the fascia off the dash, blew out any dust from the connections and put back on, no change.

Pulled the two fuses under the bonnet marked HVAC Batt. and HVAC Ign. Left them off for about 30 mins, put back in and tested, no change.

Disconnected the battery totally and left it off for an hour. Reconnected and tested, no change.

Aircon does work (engine revs dip when I turn it on and it's cold!).

Coolant level is above half way mark and temperature of coolant registered at least 75 degrees in Engineering Mode when I checked that.

I've tested the HVAC in auto mode and in manual mode - both ways I get no hot air.

I've run out of ideas.. The system makes all the right noises, air comes out where I would expect it to, it's just not warming the air.

Any suggestions would be welcome as it's freezing cold at night (literally) when I leave work and I need the heat.

HUX 90

POSION VE SS UTE
Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS UTE
Why not call no limits and see if they have had anyone come back with the same problem, if they can't help mabey go to your holden dealer.

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
heater tap is where i would be looking there has gotta be one on there
either its not working or its not getting a signal

TumTum

Reaction score
Members Ride
Why not call no limits and see if they have had anyone come back with the same problem, if they can't help mabey go to your holden dealer.

I've shot an email to NoLimts as it's getting late and I've gotta head out for a bit. My dealer is in the SE suburbs of Melbourne; I am not. I'm hoping I don't have to trek cross country to get it fixed :(

TumTum

Reaction score
Members Ride
I took the battery off again for an hour tonight and just put it back on and it's all good now for some inexplicable reason. Sounds like TinSnips' problem only I've been lucky and didn't have to get a Tech2 wielding Holden guy to fix it... this time. I'll get it checked out next service.

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Next time try removing the BCM logic fuse when you pull the HVAC fuses. Leave for 30mins then refit.

TumTum

Reaction score
Members Ride
I was wondering if I shouldv'e done that. Oh well, fixed for now anyway. Went for a drive last night and was quite warm thankyou very much ;)

Jethro

jethro
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Dual Fuel 2011 and 98 VS Statesman S/C
I will try that too! I have a 2006 Omega Dual Fuel and the heater stopped working a few months ago so I will follow those instructions and see what happens. thanks to members!

nav1993

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
Where is no limits located guys
Mine doing the same thing :( and its frezzing in Melbourne :(