Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No key to my lock nuts, solutions?

SoonToBe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Find a socket the size larger and knock it on..... If your organised at removing lock nuts, you can buy a tool called "Lock Nut Off" which removes all lock nuts... look for it on google I belive the last set I bought cost $90 or something :)

cruzncommo

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5spd
WAIT, try welding a bit of metal onto it and put a hollow piece of metal pipe to take it off.

yobbo88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH commodore SL wagon 253
if the locking nuts are from repco or something (go have a look at the styles they sell there) and yours is there the key will be there too just find the pack with your pattern. theres usually only about 10-15 different keys for a brand of locking nuts i think. theres only 10 different keys for official ford locking nuts. your gonna end up with 2 sets of locking nuts but hey cant hurt to keep spares or have 2 sets on if they are nice wheels.

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
if your close to Rocklea come down to Beaurepairs and I will do it for free on the spot :)

or you can leave your car out on the street and put your car on some bricks I bet you your lock nuts will be gone and your wheels lol

Last edited:

ssmate

Reaction score
Members Ride
ss thunder
if ur handy with a welder or know someone who is just tact weld a normal nut to the lock nut!

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
its tricky with alloy wheels, the alloy heats up quicker then the steel on the lock nut so you can easily damage the wheels.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Vf SV6 Jungle Fever
hacksaw them off just next to the diff? that should work!! DOH!!!

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
wtf?

bob jane rattle gunned mine off, for free, and replaced all my lock nuts with normal nuts, for free, 5 minutes.
you're being conned. being conned so badly, it's laughable at the stupidity.

even my dodgy mechanic rattled them off in 5 minutes, dude....

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
wtf?

bob jane rattle gunned mine off, for free, and replaced all my lock nuts with normal nuts, for free, 5 minutes.
you're being conned. being conned so badly, it's laughable at the stupidity.

even my dodgy mechanic rattled them off in 5 minutes, dude....

y would u get the tyre fitter 2 replace ur lock nuts with normal nuts? kinda defeats the purpose?

As 4 wilkesy go 2 holden ask 2 have a look at the type of nut u need then go buy 1 at repco as it will b cheaper but ur best bet is 2 throw these away so bashin a socket on isnt a bad idea n get some other type of lock nuts (not from holden) get a couple sets, would b a lil harder 4 ppl 2 steal that way tho not 100% theft proof lol

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
yeah guys...i remember doing a rotation on my old Ford Probe GT that had lock nuts. Hammered on a socket and then just eased it off with ratchet. They really aren't that useful. With four locknuts on the car I had the rotate done in less then half an hour.