Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Non-posters.

C

Commodoresilva

I have counted how many members this website have that haven't posted.

It is a mind-warping 724 members!!!!!

Somebody's got to do something about this!!!

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
why? theres alot of people that come on and look around.. Maybe if their account hasn't been active in 3 months or something, then maybe.

But until then I wouldn't worry about it. Just think some of those posters might be the ones that know the answer to your questions? Not likely but its an example.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Damn you did get bored didn't you Jaime? I couldn't imagine sitting there counting all of them.

Everything has to wait until we move to vBulletin. I recognise there are a number of users which have never posted a single thing and something should be done but at the moment we are concentrating on a number of things around the site hence why the delay in chasing things up.

Something will be done as we have already planned to remove all 0 posting members that have been with us for 6 months.

R

Robbie

That's scary Jamie... I did the same thing yesterday....

I don't think we should kill their accounts.. but we should find an incentive to get them to come and post... What can we do?

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Not much unforunately. Give them something that they feel like they want to be heard. But whats that

Over at RBForums we're having the same problem. About 160 or so users, still young. But only 10 or so of us post.

R

Robbie

Yeah.. another problem is most of our questions are answered straight away due to a good base of active members.. maybe thy feel it is not their place to say anything.. i know it took me a little while to really get active...

Cheers,

Robbie

aa23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
This is a common problem, due to the way the board is set up. To just get a look at the board, and what it may be like, you have to register. Then a lot of people might not like what they see, and never return.
I personally prefer boards that allow a guest to see about a third of the board, decide if it's the right kind of place for them, and then either register or leave.
But i know stuff all about how message boards actually work, so maybe it can't be done here.
If your'e gonna cut off zero posters, at least make it 3 months or so, to give real net newbies a chance to drum up the courage to post.

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
i agree that 3 months of inactivity they should have their account suspended/deleted..........and also there should be a 3 month rule so people dont just sign up to pimp there excess **** they want to sell in the for sale forums

aa23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
I don't think there should be the 3 month wait to sell stuff. It might be excess **** to some, but treasure to others.
If it's crap, no-one will be interested, and they'll go away.

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
actually the problem is people joining up just to post their sales and then pissing off...doesnt matter what they are selling....