Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Non-posters.

D

dragrat

Maybe is a case of being 'shy' or a voyeur (spell check please)... I only use JC site now coz other sites/members made me feel uncomfortable coz I was not in the "Club".

Maybe if an option that if they do not Log In with in a certain period of time Membership will close & they have to rejoin (???)

p.s Chat is great, people on Chat are great a good way to get na idea of the personalities. LUV IT

351ghia

Reaction score
Maybe some of us have a life outside this room. I see that some members are adding about 200+ posts per month, nothing against them but others like myself have joined to gain information on our cars and how to fix common problems, and help others in need. Some people need lots of friends and use this site as a chat room, some don't. Maybe the number of postings shouldn't matter but the number of time a member has logged in.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Very true 351ghia but then again we are talking about those users who have signed up and never posted once which does somewhat annoy me.

Anyway lets say for example a 0 poster does login and view posts which in fact may have helped him/her to fix a problem, what is wrong with a simple thanks for helping or something similar to know the information has been helpful?

Unfortunately there is no way of telling how many times a person has logged in which is why we will be sending out a warning to those who haven't posted in say 6 months will have the account removed unless we see a post or a reply to the email within a certain timeframe.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Some people like to lurk, and not post. I guess some of those who have registered are doing just that. Not much you can do about it. You can't stop people registering and not posting. That's life on the internet! Just purge the registrations after a period of time if they haven't posted.

MYSS94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR | VU2 SS Ute
QUOTE (Darren @ Apr 10 2004, 06:37 PM) Unfortunately there is no way of telling how many times a person has logged in which is why we will be sending out a warning to those who haven't posted in say 6 months will have the account removed unless we see a post or a reply to the email within a certain timeframe.
I visit this site nearly everyday - sometimes 2 or 3 times a day.
I don't post a hell of a lot though - it's not me.

When i originally signed up - it wasn't to read/participate in the forums, it was because i had to.

I was allowed access to certain area's of the site if i didn't register.

I think it is bloody wrong to make ppl register for other stuff on the site and then punish them for not posting in the forums.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
QUOTE (MYSS94)When I originally signed up - it wasn't to read/participate in the forums, it was because i had to.

I was allowed access to certain area's of the site if i didn't register.

Back when you joined MYSS we left the forums wide open for anyone to read even guests, it was only if they wanted to post in the forum they would then have to signup. The closed forum idea has been in place if we are lucky 3 months top. The only restriction on the main site was the fact that you couldn't view full size images in the picture gallery so all the other information on the site could be viewed without having to register unlike now ie chat, forum etc. Ultimately if we left things as they were and let’s say even let visitors/guests posts what would happen then? I would really hate to think to be completely honest but no doubt we would have more MRWRX floating around the place which nobody needs, I guess what it really boils down to, if we had left everything open to visitors what incentive is there for people to signup?

Given the amount of effort that has gone into the site I feel it's right to lock down certain parts of the site as we see fit, if this people have to register in order to access those parts well so be it, other administrators I dare say would follow suit as this helps majorly when it comes to conserving bandwidth which at the end of the day costs money.

QUOTE (MYSS94)
I think it is bloody wrong to make ppl register for other stuff on the site and then punish them for not posting in the forums.

We aren't talking removing those who have signed up like a week or two ago, we are aiming this at those who we haven't seen for 6 months or more. Honestly do you really think they are going to come back? Once the mail out goes to those people I am going to make it very clear that whilst I understand not everyone is completely comfortable posting in a forum for a number of different reasons I respect that and am more than happy with a simple reply saying they want the account left open for whatever the reason maybe.