Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

O2 sensors and the engine light!

muttonbusta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssv ute 6.0l
Hi all.
So last week I damaged one of the o2 sensors on my VE SSV ute, the engine light came on so I took it straight to the mechanics. They changed the sensor out and reset everything. The car then wouldn't start. They took the sensor out and the car started but ran terribly. They have done all sorts of diagnostics on it with no luck so far.
Its had a OTR intake fitted along with 3" cat back extractors and a mafless tune. I'm wondering if when the tune has been done this sensor has been by passed and now a reset has brought it back online and the car won't function properly. Tried calling the place that did the after market work but all they said was bring it in and put it on our computer.
Any ideas apart from biting the bullet and taking it back to the aftermarket place? ( which will cost me an arm and a leg )

MiKExAUS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS A4 Series II
did the mechanic replace the o2 sensor with the correct one? perhaps you were using a wideband o2 and he replaced it with a standard o2?

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
You said the engine light was on? What was the trouble code?

muttonbusta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssv ute 6.0l
I didn't actually ask. He said that they tried a different sensor too. It was the stock sensor I'm assuming, as when the mods were done there was no new sensors in the parts list. Thanks for the idea though.

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Ok i would suggest you find out what the trouble code is and report back.