Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OBDII computer diagnostic tools

Reaction score
Members Ride
svz
Hi diysv6, yes it gave a description of the trouble codes for me but as I stated I can't verify that is correct as the dealers wouldn't tell me anything.

I tried to upload capture of the codes that were a problem. My email is in my profile if you want more info, but bear in mind that I have only just had it a week.

Attachments

• Capture_7.jpg
    Capture_7.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 1,232

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
i will look up & see if i can find exactly what revision applies to the VZ
also i will look up those codes tonight & see if they are correct.

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
Hi

VTSS350. The Autera Scantool does it use a computer screen or just code numbers?

The autera scan tool either uses a laptop or a palm piolet. It is a great tool.

Reaction score
Members Ride
svz
Dr Bob, thanks very much for that. I'm very interested to see if their is some sort of relationship in what the Elmscan5 tells me and actual problems.
The backround to my situation is that I bought a brand new car and I had a front strut replaced at 4000km then I had "Reduced Power, Check Powertrain" at 6000km. Was reset at the dealers and a week later just a "Check Powertrain" This is after being told that my car is running like a dream and no faults are in it. Currently I'm looking at the "Long term fuel trim" (both banks) as there is a discrepancy on the readout. I bought the Elmscan5 to keep a check on what is happening with my car.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
the Holden DTC description for these (06 MY only) is P2178 fuel trim rich during cruising/acceleration bank1 & P2180 fuel trim rich during cruising/acceleration bank2
these codes are not used in MY05

still looking for the comatibility version

Rob

mikeyp3789

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec
oi wats this code mean????

U0155 - CAN-BUS no communication with gateway???

answer m,y question dont be faggots!

cold_carve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS 6sp Manual
No need to be lippy here mate, if ya gve people chance to reply you will get your question answered,
U0155- is a break in communication between the instrument cluster and the pcm!
i wouldnt honestly be worried about it as ive usually seen it occur on engine startup, think of it as a ping timeout between the pcm and the cluster for a brief moment!