Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Official VY "Suspension + Wheels Setup" Thread!

nEb.

Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VY II Acclaim
ok guys, time for me to contribute to my own thread.

*FE2 Springs - Front and Rear, Came out of a VY II Clubsport
*Got them for free - My cousin got superlows all around for his clubby, so I got me self some free springs :D
*Got a mate to install it
* 19" Monaro wheels

Will be upgrading to King Springs soon - will update as soon as possible

Madmik

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais 5.7L
Vy 5.7L Calais

Originally ran Kings Ultra Lows Front: KHFL -47SL Rear: KHRL - 46SL

And they're are for sale for $100 with only 5 months use!!

Now Kings Lows Front Extra Heavy Duty: KHFL -47HD Rear Heavy Duty: KHRL -45HD (well that's what was on the boxes, will check after lunch)

All pics the girl was sitting on 18" Wheels. Liked the ride look before but was no good for the kit and was crap to drive.
Now very happy still have to be careful but speed humps are no probs anymore.
And drives handles so much better. If i went to 19" then i might consider slightly lower again.
Did the rear springs myself then got BobJane to do the front

nEb.

Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VY II Acclaim
Went to the local Suspension Center - for people in the Western Melbourne area "Sunshine Suspension Centre" - Located off Sunshine Ave.

They offered to reset my original springs - therefore maintain ride quality however reset them to my specified height(VERRRRRRRY LOW). Included also in the package is a Camber Kit and also front Caster Brushes (Prevent front wheels from moving forward and hitting guard whilst braking when car is lowered, also offer front end extra support when car is lowered). Furthermore they will roll my rear guards and possibly shave a small amount of the actual rear bar (inner part of the wheel bay, that faces the tyre, as it may rub and cause tyre damage due, to the my wanted ride height and 245 rears not co operating :p)

Lowering $250
Camber Kit - $400
Front Caster Brushes $350
Guard Rolling $100
Labour $140
Entire package = $1240.00

I know it seems a little dear, and most will say "why not just change springs + shocks" - However for the ride height that I am after, it pays off to fork out a little extra to have piece of mind for other components of the suspension set up, this will ensure that I pay well now and never again. I had a mate who cut a few corners when he lowered his car, ended up having to pay double what he originally did for the job to fix everything back up.

I am booked in on for the 31/01/07 I will make sure to take before and after photoes.

spanks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V UTE,VE SS SEDAN
nEB

Try Suspension City in North Melbourne.Excellent work

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I don't want to be a downer here, but just remember Vic guys, any suspension work from factory MUST have an approval certificate lodged with Vic Roads, failure to do so could see you defected without question and could see you void for insurance if someone happens to know what they are talking about.

Plainwhitevy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon Series 2
Hi - I'm boring, I know, but my standard issue rear springs on my VY Acclaim a sagging a little when I tow. I would like the normal ride height restored - no lower, and more heavy duty to maintain height when towing.
Questions are:
What springs are best? - I figure that OE sagged - so I'm not going to encourage GM by buying from them.
I probably need new shocks too - which ones are best? I need decent gas shocks.
Front gives a quiet 'clunk' when I go over my cross over - what could this be? It seems a little early for struts to have gone.

If this has been covered in other threads, please let me know.

Cheers

nEb.

Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VY II Acclaim
I have called around / visited a few places around Melbourne, and I am quite satisfied with the price ive been given, taking into consideration what i the package contains = An entire lowering package without cutting any corners, all done legitimately and with warranty.
I have heard nothing but great reviews about the place's quality of work and therefore will follow through with original plans.

Minux - I haven't heard anything about these laws, Ill take a look at VicRoads website, I hope you dont have to report, because my VY is gona be so low it'l be like im driving underground hahahaa

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Neb, from Vicroads

Vic states that you must have a 100mm clearance from the lowest point of the car which does not include brake assembly/wheels etc. This must be taken within 1 metre of each wheel on a level horizontal surface fully laden.

Clearance between a suspension component and associated bump stop must not be altered by more than 1/3rd of that specified by the manufacturer.

That being said, unless you have an approval certificate for lowering the car from the factory, your car is unroadworthy.

nEb.

Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VY II Acclaim
hmm .. this is bad news, none the less it will not hinder my plans to slap her on her ass!